The Logistics Training Support Specialist will perform routine equipment maintenance support tasks which include, but are not limited to, training equipment maintenance and repair; movement of materials and supplies; simple interior and exterior clean-up of work areas; waste paper recycling, and/or stocking of consumable training materials to include warehousing, packing, and shipping. This position is in support of the Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP), CDP is a national training facility located in Anniston, Alabama that prepares state and local emergency response personnel to respond to all hazards, including terrorist attacks using weapons of mass destruction, by providing hands on training. Training courses provided by CDP provide specific knowledge and expertise for deterrence, prevention and response to Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosive (CBRNE), mass casualty, and hazardous materials incidents by providing advanced, hands-on and classroom-based state of the art training.
- On a daily basis perform routine equipment maintenance support tasks which may include, but are not limited to, training equipment maintenance and repair.
- Provide movement of materials and supplies.
- Simple interior and exterior clean-up of work areas; waste paper recycling, and/or stocking of consumable training materials to include warehousing, packing, and shipping.
- Maintain all equipment in good operating condition necessary to perform assigned tasks, performs routine preventive maintenance tasks on training equipment, standard hand/portable power tools, and may install minor modifications.
- Enter, retrieve, and adjust data from various sources to include verbal, written and electronic communication.
- Communicate requirements and information to internal customers and outside agencies.
- Comply with safety procedures, operate Non-CDL vehicles in support of training delivery, and perform daily vehicle inspections on all vehicles used for training delivery.
- Interacts daily with supervisor, peer groups, and customers.
- Read policies and procedures to determine equipment requiring repair or maintenance.
- Maintain a record of defective equipment and turn it in properly for disposition.
- Coordinate with instructors, subcontractors, students, and course managers regarding support for successful course delivery
- Inventory and requisition essential equipment, and other supplies so that stock levels can be maintained and replenished
- Provides supervision to assigned logistics staff.
- Supports training delivery through the care, maintenance, and accountability of all training equipment and supplies.
- Ensures the proper utilization of sanitation procedures in the maintenance and repair of training equipment.
- Transports, set up, and take down of training equipment at resident and non-resident training sites.
- Complies with safety procedures.
- Performs logistics functions to include warehousing, packing, and shipping.
- Collaborate with other workers to repair or move equipment and supplies to support course delivery.
- Collect and turn in defective equipment properly to the Inventory Control Section once it has been identified.
- Travel in support of position requirements and performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Possess current driver license to enable transportation of equipment truck and/or trailer.
- Ability to lift, turn, and carry heavy equipment (up to 60 pounds) to support training.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule.
- Ability to travel to local and distant destinations to support training and to represent the company as needed.
- Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U. S. citizenship is required.
- Must have an accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act
- Must submit to and obtain final suitability by successful completion of a pre-placement screening consisting of background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
- Computer skills
Pay Range:Pay Range $27,300.00 - $42,000.00 - $56,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.