As an O&M Energy Consultant within Leidos’ Energy & Infrastructure Consulting Practice, you will collaborate in a team setting to support an existing energy consulting practice, while also managing work products within the practice. Your expertise in the operation and maintenance of thermal and/or renewable generating facilities will provide solid support to the maintenance and growth of Leidos’ viewpoints/opinions, O&M information database, standards of practice and internal improvement projects. You will work as part of a multidiscipline team to generate buyside, sell-side and refinancing independent engineering reports for generating facilities.
You will also participate in the maintenance and development of standard opinions for the operation, maintenance and useful of various technologies and assets, as well as providing subject matter expert advice to project managers and clients.
Work locations: Preference given to candidates located in Denver, Colorado or Framingham, Massachusetts (just outside of Boston), however, other locations may be considered. Relocation assistance may be available. If you like a challenge, seek opportunities to grow and learn, and want to be a critical part of a team that consists of industry’s finest consultants and thought leaders, keep reading!
WHAT WE DO
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. The consulting group of approximately 100 employees is primarily engaged in private sector power opportunities and offers consulting services, independent engineering services, mergers & acquisition consulting, market analysis, and transmission study services. Our highly knowledgeable engineering consultants work across functions to collaborate and challenge each other to innovate for our clients.
What you will bring to the table:
· Experience in the operation and maintenance of either thermal or renewable generation facilities.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited university and 5+ years of relevant experience. Additional relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a BS degree.
· Understanding of market trends in power generation technology.
· Direct experience in a broad range of O&M related activities, including but not limited to plant engineering, production, O&M management, budgeting, maintenance coordination, and performance assessments.
· Commercial experience with power purchase agreements, O&M agreements, asset management agreements, and long-term service agreements, with an understanding of technical aspects of permits.
· Ability to travel to electrical power generation sites to conduct equipment condition assessments, and to witness and analyze the results of performance tests.
· Ability to collaborate in a team setting supporting projects for comprehensive technical due diligence.
· Ability to provide support for our clients which include private equity, hedge funds, investment and commercial banks, private infrastructure developers, legal and financial advisors, original equipment providers, and the DOE and EIA.
· Ability to conduct an evaluation of major maintenance practices and projected O&M costs, including fixed and variable expenses, capital expenditures and major maintenance expenses.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience in and understanding of statistics.
· Ability to work independently and as a team member.
· Ability to successfully meet deadlines under pressure.
It would be nice if you had:
· Previous experience working as an independent engineer, asset manager, plant manager, or developer.
· Understanding of equipment degradation, and project-level useful life.
· Relevant experience in the engineering design, evaluation of technology, performance modeling, analysis, testing.
· Foreign language skills, especially Spanish.
Note: This role may require as much as 35% travel, including international travel, and can include weeks with extended work hours (50 hours or more) to support client needs.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.