Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Cyber Security Watch Office Lead at the Pentagon.
This person will serve as a the lead of the Joint Service Provider (JSP) Cyber Security Watch Office on the DISA GSM-O program supporting the JSP Joint Network Operation and Support Center (JNOSC) and Cyber Center Security Chief. The Cyber Security Watch Office is the single point of entry for all Cyber Security related information, tasks, orders, alerts, warnings, notices and products from higher headquarters into JSP. This office also maintains and shares situational awareness on all security related developments pertinent to JSP. Additionally, this person will manage a team of onsite staff and provide technical direction and support to Leidos program staff.
- Ensure CSWO support to the JNOSC Battle Captain and Cyber Center Security Chief for all Cyber Defense and Network Assurance issues.
- Supervise and schedule manning for 24x7 shifts and any additional required surge support
- Create, update, and maintain CSWO standard operating procedures
- Validate CSWOs maintain awareness of all pertinent directives, orders, alerts, and messages; prepare and deliver daily situational awareness and operational update briefings.
- Serve as Senior Defensive Cybersecurity SME and technical lead during 24x7 operations.
- Supports program/site objectives. Maintain flexibility and a positive attitude toward innovation and change.
- Respond to team members as first line escalation point for onsite issues.
- Escalate issues to Program Manager, as appropriate.
- Communicates program expectations to team members and stakeholders. Ensures team members meet objectives/complete assignments within stated timelines.
- Provide performance feedback and coaching to direct reports.
- Manage administrative duties for team, to include team scheduling, time-off requests, coordinating training, special initiatives, etc.
- Handles other administrative tasks, as necessary (gathering status information, monitoring team compliance with Corporate initiatives, helping to produce status charts, etc.).
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree and 8-12 years of professional experience; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- 3+ years of technical experience
- Must have certifications that satisfy DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 and CSSP Analyst upon start.
- Demonstrated knowledge of order processing and tracking throughout a large organization and correlating reports for other organizations.
- Demonstrated experience with leading and directing work of onsite team, to include managing shift workers.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of incident handling procedures.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intelligence driven defense and/or Cyber Kill Chain methodology.
- Experience in a 24x7 environment.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.