Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
The Leidos Defense Group FAR 145 Repair Station currently has an airframe and powerplant mechanic position opening at the Manassas VA Regional Airport facility.
Are you ready for your next challenge?
The qualified applicant will be expected to demonstrate a strong working knowledge of aircraft maintenance in support of turbo prop and jet powered aircraft. Responsibilities generally include performing scheduled, unscheduled maintenance, troubleshooting and repair. Operation and use of standard shop tooling, test equipment ground service equipment is required. All work will be conducted under the direction of the Leidos FAR 145 repair station.
THE CHALLENGE (primary responsibilities)
- Perform daily pre and post flight inspections
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance, inspection, troubleshooting and repair
- Service aircraft fuel/oil/hydraulic/oxygen/nitrogen systems
- Rigging of engine, propeller, flight control and landing gear systems
- Troubleshoot systems to provide an effective solution
- Aid aircraft modification specialized team members
- Document work performed on appropriate forms and in electronic systems
- Participate in and complete all required training assigned
- Maintain aircraft appearance
- Submit daily, weekly, or monthly reports as required
- “clean as you go” in the work area and follow all safety rules
-Comply with processes and procedures as per DHS/Department of Defense (DOD) documents and publications.
-Comply with safety rules and regulations while performing day to day activities. Promptly report all accidents, injuries, safety, violations, and/or unsafe practices or procedures to supervisor.
- Work hours may be adjusted due to operational requirements
WHAT SETS YOU APART (basic qualifications)
- Airframe & Powerplant Certifications with 3 plus years turbine and or jet experience.
- High school diploma and 2+ years of related experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot and make repairs while delivering a clean safe finished product
- Ability to read and follow wiring drawings as well as OEM technical publications.
- Crawl in and out of tight spaces
- Comfortably work in confined areas in a kneeling or crouched position
- Lift, balance and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Work in enclosed hangars as well as exterior in year around weather conditions
- Work off site as required
- Candidates will be required to undergo a DOT/FAA pre-employment drug test prior to being hired or transferred into a Department of Transportation safety-sensitive position.
Security Clearance Requirement
-Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
Prior experience with King Air, Challenger 650 or Global 6500 is a plus
Pay Range:Pay Range $44,200.00 - $68,000.00 - $91,800.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.