Supplier Quality Advisor – Airworthiness
We’re ready for you to unleash your potential!..
Leidos Europe has an opportunity for an experienced Supplier Quality Advisor (SQA) to manage assurance and improvement activities associated with the Aerospace/Airworthiness elements of the Logistics Commodities Services Transformation (LCST) programme.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance the SQA will work with a team of qualified quality assurance and compliance personnel to drive forward the audit programme covering internal, external and supplier audits. You will be acting as one of the main points of contact for associated Supplier Quality – Air related issues.
As a key member of the compliance team, you will have tangible as well as strategic input within a growing business. You will be accountable for driving the culture of quality and compliance to the next level as the programme continues to expand.
The role will be hybrid, with expectations to be in office at least once a week and some UK and overseas travel will be required.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Further develop, implement, and maintain the quality assurance and control system for the programme in relation to airworthiness requirements. Analyse gaps between current ISO 9001 certification and requirements for AS9100/9120 certification across Team Leidos/LCST operations
- Communicate with management and staff throughout the organisation to ensure that the quality management system (ISO 9001 and AS9100) is functioning properly and all processes and procedures are being followed to ensure the quality of our service provision
- Perform internal, external and supplier audits for ISO 9001/AS 9100 standards, creating audit finding reports, determining/initiating appropriate corrective and preventative actions and closing out audit findings. Contribute to supplier escalations/interventions
- Ensure adherence to all standards, policies, and best practices. Identify and implement ISO 9001/AS9100 improvements whilst understanding their relationship and impact to LCST operations
- Further develop and implement procedures and plans for assuring quality products and services for Team Leidos within our Defence customer’s air domain. Develop and improve processes and procedures to meet and exceed acceptable quality levels for programme performance standards
- Understand requirements and ensure appropriate flow down into the supply chain. Work closely with departmental managers, cross-functional staff, and key subcontractors to ensure quality outputs, aiming to minimize the costs of rework, waste, and maximise customer satisfaction
- Support the development and collection of performance metrics. Provide the Head of Compliance with timely metrics and audit outcomes to gauge progress towards quality objectives
- Develop weekly and monthly reports that provide measurements with trends over time and highlights performance issues with mitigation strategies. Report quality status and quality issues, with resolution plans, at status meetings
- Coordinate/collaborate with the Programme stakeholders for validation of the effectiveness of quality assurance procedures and controls; monitor, review, and report assessment results of Leidos performance against defined contractual standards; and validate compliance with Standard Operating Procedures
- The SQA will support the Defence requested activities by coordinating the availability of programme, project, and operational documents; providing data requested as part of onsite and remote audits; providing access to all source materials and associated metadata
- Establish and maintain strong and productive relationships with key stakeholders ensuring that the objectives are understood and incorporated into a framework of continuous improvement
- Delivering training as needed to support quality awareness
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Certified as an ISO9001/9100 Lead Auditor
- A minimum of Level 4 (e.g. HNC) qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline or equivalent relevant work experience
- Quality assurance experience in an engineering context or experience from within another relevant environment (e.g. in manufacturing processes, a technical environment, internal quality management and/or auditing)
- A Chartered Quality Professional (CQP), Quality Practitioner or able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge, skills and experience.UK citizenship
- Be able to achieve SC clearance
- Willing to travel UK and Overseas
- Experience working with MOD contracts, policies and procedures including AQAP, Defence Standards, Regulatory Articles and Joint Service Publications.
- Experience working with the following tools: Power BI, SharePoint, MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Jira
- Active SC security clearance
BPSS to start
SC for the role
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.