Leidos currently has an opening for an Autonomous Systems Software Project Lead to lead the development and integration of Underwater Vehicle programs that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across multiple Department of Defense agencies. This position is located at either the Lynnwood or Poulsbo, WA office. Opportunities exist for hybrid or remote work in some cases.
- Lead one or more software efforts from project inception to project delivery
- Coordinate with the project manager, customers, and other functional leads to develop schedules and budgets, allocate resources, and track and monitor progress
- Design architectures for autonomous systems and vehicles
- Analyze software requirements and decompose into derived functional software requirements for a team to execute
- Develop features for a software project based on derived software requirements and work with a team of engineers to estimate effort for these features
- Arbitrate challenging technical decisions with engineers by listening, understanding, and driving towards the best solution to meet the project requirements
- Work with other software project leads to develop consistent processes and spearhead changes and innovation for our software development processes and methodologies
- Engage engineers as a mentor for technical, communication, and executive skills on the team
- Bachelor’s degree with 10-16 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Core language skills in C++ within a Linux environment
- An eagerness to lead and mentor a group of senior and junior developers towards a successful product delivery
- Familiarity and basic understanding of Software Design Patterns
- Familiarity with MBSE Systems Modeling Language (SysML) tools such as Cameo Magic Draw
- Experience with virtualized development and production environments
- Experience with Agile-based methodologies using the Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket) or similar tools
- Ability to communicate and share ideas, concepts, designs, and technical plans with a team of engineers
- Constant integrity in working with our employees and customers
- Range of experience in languages such as C#, Java, Python, Rust, and others
- Experience with system autonomy software in C++ or other languages
- Experience with testing code across multiple projects
- Ability to identify and resolve code defects in new and legacy code
- Background with the design, development, integration, and test of autonomous or remotely operated undersea vehicle systems
- Experience with ROS, Google Protocol Buffers, Python, SCons, and VSCode
External Referral Eligible
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.