The Transportation Solutions Operation seeks a senior executive with a demonstrated history of successfully guiding a large complex organization with multiple contracts, revenue streams and service offerings. This executive will have the proven ability to steer a large business, a track record of building and sustaining a culture of operational excellence, and a proven ability to execute to an annual operating plan.
The Senior Vice President will report directly to the Civil Group President. The successful candidate will work with teams across the divisions, operation, group and corporate levels to ensure all policies and procedures for financial management, program and IRAD reporting, people management and new business capture are accomplished successfully. The successful candidate will also be based in the Washington DC Metro area and will require occasional travel.
As a leader of leaders, the position will provide guidance to division managers and program managers to ensure organizational, technical, managerial and business development goals and values are met. In addition, this role will provide oversight of large complex programs and interface with customers and end users to ensure world class customer satisfaction. The SVP will be responsible for hiring, developing and retaining highly skilled technical staff to accomplish organizational goals. In addition, the senior executive should have demonstrated experience with complex programs and have extensive experience working with leaders to successfully meet program objectives and milestones.
· Ensuring the Transportation Solutions Operation meets financial and operational business targets; defining and setting long-term and short-term business objectives that are aligned with the overall company objectives; executing appropriate business rhythms and processes necessary to achieve short and long-term objectives
· Overseeing the daily internal operations and functions of the business. Develop strong partnerships across the Division P&L and functional leadership (e.g. Finance, HR, Contracts, CTO, Legal, etc.)
· Stimulating the organization to drive technical and process innovations.
· Extensive FAA customer and National Airspace System technical experience directing multiple System Engineering, Software Development and Test teams of 1000+ employees delivering complex FAA systems of developed hardware and software.
· Experience working successful programs and captures in the US and internationally
· The candidate must have a strong track record of understanding and guiding prime contractor FAA systems development as well as leading program and business operations.
· Minimum fifteen to twenty years’ experience steering diverse growth-oriented businesses
· Experience steering a business with revenues in excess of $200M
· Strong customer affinity
· International business development experience
· Practical knowledge leading a P&L operation within a public company, including direct interaction with C-suite executives
· Proficient with building maintain relationships across all levels of an organization
· Proven ability to support and extend a culture where employees are motivated to succeed through collaboration, commitment, and clear and open communications
· Demonstrated ability to support and promote inclusion across an organization
· Must possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills, can both inspire and motivate the employee population
· Skilled with attracting and retaining the best talent to build a high-performance team; and develop leaders and adept staff members for the organization
· Ability to build cross-organizational and geographically dispersed teams with collaborative work styles and common desire for performance excellence and customer service
Pay Range:Pay Range $281,250.00 - $375,000.00 - $468,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.