Leidos has an immediate need for a Senior Cloud Solution Architect for a new customer on a highly-visible and strategic Cybersecurity Task Order. The senior architect will need to be a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment, and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner. This individual will work with internal team members to ensure that systems are functional, secure, and scalable. The systems and networks developed will be used to collect and process data and improve the customer’s security infrastructure. The senior architect will support the design and development of cybersecurity tools and technology along with integration of new architectural features into existing infrastructures while maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise-wide systems and networks.
- Implementation and troubleshooting of Cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure.
- Manage multiple assignments, changing priorities, and work independently with little oversight.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to leadership and decision makers for core technology acquisitions in support of the agency mission.
- Work closely with senior engineers, other team members and application owners to solve technical problems at the network, system, and application levels.
- Documentation along with presentation, teamwork and DHS wide collaboration are among the expected duties and mission of the task order.
- Have a significant role in the evaluation and support of application architectures across multiple lines of business to ensure alignment to cloud and application modernization strategies & capabilities.
- Promote collaboration between architecture, engineering, business stakeholders, IT operations, and security using excellent communication and partnership skills.
- Provide solution architecture assistance and services to various teams.
- Constantly develop knowledge of current and emerging technologies. Identify new and emerging solutions, assesses their relevance and potential value to the organization and present information to teammates and management.
- Participate in the day-to-day execution of the enterprise architecture strategy.
- Work across multiple projects and systems to develop system design document, implementation plan document, SOPs, and mentor others on design and implementation standards, guidelines and best practices.
- Excellent communications skills; present and communicate effectively with clients, team members and management.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement process improvements, methodologies, and/or strategies based on organization goals and business needs.
- Understanding technical security that protects the organization’s assets: knowledge of and experience with security policies, network security, data security and security event management to adopt cloud security services
- Infrastructure and Operations — understand and focus on the people and processes associated with IT infrastructure (compute, storage and networking).
- 12+ years of experience in enterprise, application, cloud architecture (AWS-Azure) and/or information architecture required.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience with VMWare ESXi/VCenter and Linux servers.
- Experience in IaaS, PaaS and SaaS implementations covering monitoring, configuration management, and orchestration.
- Demonstrated experience working on projects that span multiple IT functions where analysis of systems or data requires an in-depth evaluation of complex business processes, system processes, and industry standards.
- Validate and test complex security architecture and design solutions to produce detailed engineering specifications.
- Design, architect, and implement the technical solutions required to build a state-of-the-art business intelligence platform using the latest technologies.
- This individual will be involved with strategic and tactical items to align the use of cloud technologies to application architectures.
- Professional experience architecting/deploying/operating solutions built on AWS/Azure.
- Experience with DevOps principles and Container platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Identity Access Management (IDAM), Okta, and CyberArk.
- Strong scripting experience/background (using PowerShell, and BASH.)
- Understanding of Federal Government application, server, and network security requirements such as FISMA and FedRAMP.
- Discuss upcoming deliverables and deadlines, concerns, challenges, and issues to help negotiate and formulate best solutions and strategy for success.
- Candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, a strong analytical ability and a willingness to respond to ad hoc requests from customers in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision, perform under pressure and multi-task.
- Develop, implement, communicate, and enforce security policies and/or processes for data, software applications, and cloud infrastructure.
- Ability to obtain an Entry of Duty (EOD) Public Trust
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet one of these certifications: CISSP, CCSP, CCNP, CEH, MCSE, COMPTIA Security+, GCIH, AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, AWS Solutions Architect Professional, Azure Solutions Architect Expert, Azure Security Engineer Associate, Azure Administrator Associate, Azure Identity and Access Administrator, Azure DevOps Engineer
- Clearance: This position requires candidates to obtain a Public Trust and will accept up to TS/SCI
- Datacenter Security, business continuity, and disaster recovery planning and implementation.
- Experience in Splunk is a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile environment and familiarity with Agile project management practices is a plus.
- Experience with Tanium, Axonius, Crowd Strike, ForeScout, and other IPS/IDS, DLP, Threat Intelligence, and Network/Endpoint security tools.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.