The Leidos Homeland Security Services Intelligence Division of Leidos has a prime opening for an ISSO to support the Customs and Border Patrol. This candidate will manage overall security related policies, procedures, laws and regulations; create, document and implement various security plans and compliance documents to enforce Information Assurance principles.
- Develop, maintain and manage Security Authorization and Assessment packages that include System Security Plans (SSP), Contingency Plans (CP), POA&Ms, and other relevant security documentation for existing and new systems
- Conduct both technical and non-technical internal audits and testing to validate system and operational requirements compliance
- Use workflows to develop security artifacts
- Document, organize and implement security control requirements
- Identify current and new risks
- Prepare vulnerability test plans and coordinate the testing and result procedures
- Assess customer based solutions and provide recommendations for any improvements to current security posture
- Ability to review and write security related policies and procedures
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, IT, Information/Cyber Security field from an accredited college or university
2-4 years of experience working as an ISSO or other IT related field.
Must have an interim Secret Clearance. In addition to the specific clearance requirement, all personnel supporting CBP must have a current background investigation (BI) or obtain a favorable BI before joining the program.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience as an ISSO supporting major federal information systems/applications
- Knowledge with auditing security controls and financial processes
- Superior writing, communication and critical analysis skills
- Deep understanding of Information Assurance, Information Technology and Information Management concepts, processes and procedures
Advanced Experience/Knowledge with the following:
- NIST SP 800-37 Risk Management Framework security assessment and authorization (A&A) processes
- NIST 800-53 security controls and required documentation
- Security controls (i.e. NIST SP 800-53, FISCAM, etc.) assessments in support of FISMA, A-123 and annual self-assessment initiatives
- Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) for authorization of cloud services
- Enterprise Logging System to conduct regular reviews of audit logs (operating system, application, database, etc.) for security anomalies and compliance with applicable policies and procedures
- POA&M Management and Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Reviewing operating system, application, and database security baseline configuration documentation to ensure compliance with agency hardening guidelines
- Reviewing proposed change requests related to system design / configuration and performing a security impact analysis to provide approval or denial recommendations
- Reviewing vulnerability scan results
ISC2 Certified Cloud Security Professional certification (CCSP)
Familiar with IT system administration/engineering
This position is currently remote, with 1 day a week onsite in Ashburn, VA
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.