Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Security Operations Center (SOC) is a US Government program responsible to prevent, identify, contain and eradicate cyber threats to CBP networks through monitoring, intrusion detection and protective security services to CBP information systems including local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), commercial Internet connection, public facing websites, wireless, mobile/cellular, various cloud environments, security devices, servers and workstations. The CBP SOC is responsible for the overall security of CBP Enterprise-wide information systems, and collects, investigates, and reports any suspected and confirmed security violations.
Shift schedule: 7am-7pm, Thur-Sat, every other Wednesday.
- Utilize state of the art technologies such as Endpoint Detection & Response tools, log analysis (Splunk) and possibly network forensics (full packet capture solution) to perform hunt
and investigative activity to examine endpoint and network-based data.
- Conduct log analysis and triage in support of incident response.
- Recognize attacker and APT activity, tactics, and procedures as indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be used to improve monitoring, analysis and incident response.
- Develop and build security content, scripts, tools, or methods to enhance the incident investigation processes.
- Lead Incident Response activities and mentor junior SOC staff.
- Work with key stakeholders to implement remediation plans in response to incidents.
- Effectively investigative and identify root cause findings then communicate findings to stakeholders including technical staff, and leadership.
- Flexible and adaptable self-starter with strong relationship-building skills
- Strong problem solving abilities with an analytic and qualitative eye for reasoning
-Ability to independently prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
- The candidate must currently possess a Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI Clearance. In addition to clearance requirement, all CBP personnel must have a current or be able to favorably pass a 5 year background investigation (BI).
- B Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cyber Security, or related field.
- - Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in incident detection, response and remediation.
- - Minimum of five (5) but (7) preferred years of specialized experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Email security
- Digital media forensic
- Monitoring and detection
- Incident Response
- Vulnerability assessment and pen test
- Cyber intelligence analysis
- - Must have at least the SANS or CCNA certification.
- - Extensive experience analyzing and synthesizing information with other relevant data sources, providing guidance and mentor-ship to others in cyber threat analysis and operations,
- evaluating, interpreting, and integrating all sources of information, and fusing computer network attack analyses with counterintelligence and law enforcement investigations.
The candidate should have at minimum ONE of the following certifications:
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP).
- SANS - GCIA – Intrusion Analyst
- SANS - GREM – Reverse Engineering Malware
- SANS - GISF – Security Fundamentals
- SANS - GXPN – Exploit Researcher and Advanced Penetration Tester
- SANS - GMON – Continuous Monitoring Certification
- OSCP (Certified Professional)
- OSCE (Certified Expert)
- OSWP (Wireless Professional)
- OSEE (Exploitation Expert)
- CCSP – Certified Cloud Security Professional
- LPT – Licensed Penetration Tester
- ECSA – EC-Council Certified Security Analyst
- Cyber Analyst Couse
- Team Lead experience in a security related environment
- -Ability to coordinate and communicate well with team leads and government personnel
- -Provide weekly status reports and requested documentation
- -Experience in cyber government, and/or federal law enforcement
- -Experience with Cyber Kill Chain
- All Department of Homeland Security CBP SOC employees are required to favorably pass a 5-year (BI) Background Investigation
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.