The Leidos Civil Treasury Portfolio is hiring a Solution Architect to work as Chief Engineer in support of multiple efforts and opportunities for the Internal Revenue Service. The selected candidate will be a senior member of the Treasury Portfolio organization, providing strategic leadership, including creation or application of modernization strategies, architectures, roadmaps, and CONOPS.
The Solution Architect / Chief Engineer must be able to understand and apply concepts of current and emerging technologies including, but not limited to, AI ML, Cybersecurity, Digital Transformation, Cloud, Data Science, and broader Leidos technology to bring solutions to our customer as well as drive Leidos’ Independent Research & Development (IR&D) to reflect business priorities. You will work with a variety tools including Java, JSP (HTML/XML), RESTful Web Services, Cloud, Containers, DevOps, Oracle SQL, Linux/RedHat, Agile, Continuous Integration/CICD, CA SiteMinder, 508 compliance, IBM Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM).
In this role the selected candidate will:
- Analyze complex IT development needs, identify solutions to include potential new tools, technologies and recommendations.
- Assist leadership, capture and proposal teams in understanding and addressing technology.
- Continually research the current and emerging technologies and propose changes where needed.
- Provide development support to Leidos leadership and IRS including creation of automation scripts, coding, testing, deployment, and integration with the Cloud.
- Work with the program team in the design and development of new applications, COTS products and infrastructure, integrating new solutions on existing applications within the Cloud.
- Apply knowledge and past experiences in developing and deploying systems on the Cloud, using CI/CD frameworks and infrastructure automation.
- Design, modify, and test technical architecture.
- Provide technical advice/input that impact strategic client outputs and Leidos business results.
- Communicate with stakeholders about status of project and any problems with technical solutions being implemented.
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 12+ years of prior relevant experience as a Solution Architect or similar role.
- Excellent analytical and consulting skills to understand the needs of an organization and find solutions.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels including senior executive leadership regarding highly complex and critical topics to negotiate and implement solutions.
- Sound knowledge of coding languages, operating systems, and databases.
- Experience in Cloud operations such as AWS, GCP, and Azure. Demonstrated knowledge of cloud-based application development.
- Experience working in a DevOps, Continuous Delivery (CICD), and Agile environments using code delivery mechanisms, continuous build systems, code repositories, and continuous delivery solutions
- A working knowledge of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), AI/ML, Data Analytics, and Cybersecurity.
A highly qualified candidate will also have:
- Experience working on projects in an Internal Revenue Service /Treasury environment.
- Experience as an IT project manager.
- Certification and experience in Agile methodology
- Security+ equivalent or higher certification (IAT Level II+)
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.