Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Security Operations Center (SOC) is a US Government program responsible to prevent, identify, contain and eradicate cyber threats to CBP networks through monitoring, intrusion detection and protective security services to CBP information systems including local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), commercial Internet connection, public facing websites, wireless, mobile/cellular, various cloud environments, security devices, servers and workstations. The CBP SOC is responsible for the overall security of CBP Enterprise-wide information systems, and collects, investigates, and reports any suspected and confirmed security violations.
Author, test, and maintain automation scripts/workflows within SOAR platform
• Design, implement, and maintain efficient and reusable Python code
• Review, debug, and resolve technical issues throughout all stages of SDLC
• Integrate SOAR platform with other security tools and APIs to execute automated workflows
• Coordinate with System Administrators, Engineers, and ISSOs to provision service accounts and/or grant required permissions
• Assist with process development and process improvement for Security Operations to include creation/modification of SOPs, Playbooks, and Work instructions
• Measure effectiveness of process improvement and automation efforts via metrics and KPIs
• Have expert proficiency with Python
• Experience with SOAR platforms such as Swimlane, Phantom, Demisto, etc
• Experience as a SOC Analyst and/or Incident Responder
• Authored SOC SOPs, playbooks, work instructions and/or other process documents
• Familiarity with Splunk Search Processing Language (SPL) and/or Elastic Domain Specific Language (DSL)
• General networking knowledge to include operation of routers, firewalls, DNS, DHCP, subnetting, VPN and Web Proxies
- Should have 2 years of experience serving as a SOC Analyst or Incident Responder
- All Department of Homeland Security CBP SOC employees are required to favorably pass a 5-year (BI) Background Investigation
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.