The Defense Group at Leidos is seeking a STN/CSS VSAT Training Specialist to support the Warfighter Readiness requirements in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of training curriculum for Warfighter Readiness systems. This position will support the Warfighter Readiness requirements providing New Equipment and Field Operations Support in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of training curriculum for Warfighter Readiness systems on the Combat Service Support Very Small Aperture Terminals (CSS VSATs) and other WIN-T sub systems. This position will be based out of APG, MD.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to: New Equipment and Field Operations Support: In support of specified Warfighter Readiness requirements, perform Total Package Fielding (TPF) functions IAW AR and DA PAM 700-142 with the gaining unit/organization in CONUS/OCONUS at unit home stations, TDY locations, and/or during field missions. Travel to customer locations to assess unit equipment fielding needs and provide unique systems configurations/solutions to match the fielding requirements and ensure operability. Determine baseline application on new equipment to be integrated prior to shipping to location. Interface directly with Government customers as the primary technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) on any related matter. Perform joint system check out of each system installation prior to issue. Conduct technical analysis for system implementations, modifications, and potential enhancements. Perform de-installations, installations, and handoffs for specified systems. Troubleshoot system problems and/or integration issues, determine system solution in accordance with customer needs, and recommend actions to customer for system solutions. Develop and improve operations processes/practices for each location based on best practices through peer and management collaboration. Develop lesson materials and conduct on-site field training of operations personnel on newly developed/implemented system procedures. Prepare and coordinate TPF activities including New Material Introductory Briefings (NMIB), validation of unit Materiel Requirements Lists (MRL), prepare After Action Reports (AAR) and other actions as required for the TPF. Minimum of 75% CONUS and OCONUS travel required.
- Coordinate with Government customers to prepare and maintain TPF and NET plans for current and future systems.
- Create customized training plans based on current systems, new system upgrades, and mission-specific requirements.
- Provide classroom theory instruction and over the shoulder practical field training on SATCOM CSS-VSAT systems and sub systems.
- When required, work shall be done at night and in inclement weather.
- When applicable, coordinate classroom set-up to support each individual class.
- Provide modernization instruction on the operations and maintenance of supported systems, standard and non-standard systems and equipment.
- Serve as primary fielders, installers, instructors, assistant instructors, and/or demonstrators.
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 or more years of experience. Additional directly related experience can offset the degree requirements
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Hands on experience with related WIN-T systems
- Technical understanding and experience with a combination of any of the following required skills: Fundamental understanding of satellite communication theory. Must have LAN and WAN networking experience (Net+, Sec+, CCNA, preferred).
- U.S. Passport required.
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.