Leidos National Solutions operation is seeking an Information Assurance Professional to join the Information Assurance (IA) team in Aurora, Colorado. Working with the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) you will be part of a team of IA professional that ensure the architecture and design of DoD information systems are functional and secure. This role is responsible for assisting with the design and develop of IA enabled products, interface specifications, and approaches to secure the environment, assess threats to the environment, provide inputs on the adequacy of security designs and architectures and participate in risk assessment during the assessment and authorization process.
- Support Risk Management Framework (RMF) authorization processes utilizing the ServiceNow (SNOW).
- Provide junior-level support to monitor and ensure compliance with information security policies, procedures and regulator requirements including assistance with internal auditing, reporting, technical reviews, and identification of security risks.
- Perform junior-level duties consistent with an industry Information System Security Officer (ISSO) in support of in-house and external customers policies and requirements.
- Ability to frequently communicate with co-workers, management, and customers, which may involve delivering presentations or briefings.
- Providing configuration management for security-relevant information system software.
- Contributing to the security planning, risk analysis, risk management, and assessment & authorization activities for system operations.
- Analyzes and document results of security compliance & vulnerability scanning in order to identify vulnerabilities and coordinate associated remediation efforts.
- Communicating and working closely with System Engineering, Test Engineering, and Integration teams to ensure that the hardware and software implementation meets the security requirements for processing classified information.
- Auditing and assessing system security policies and configuration settings.
- Requires an active TS/SCI with poly to be considered.
- Familiarity with assessment and authorization processes and packages.
- Current DoDM 8570 IAT II certification (e.g., Security+ or higher).
- Knowledgeable in the application of FISMA requirements such as NIST SP 800-53 rev 5 and NIST SP 800-37 to US Government programs.
- Familiar with patch and vulnerability management processes and tools (e.g., Tenable Nessus).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree and 2-4 years of experience directly relevant to IA/Cybersecurity; additional related experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- CISSP certification
- Experience with DoD or Intelligence Community Risk Management Framework standards and procedures
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Windows and Linux operating system
- Experience with ICD-503 and ICD-705 standards and requirements
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.