Are you interested in continuing your career in CJTF HOA/AFRICOM in a mission focused environment? Leidos Defense Group has established and upcoming positions throughout the European theater supporting multiple customers for the Department of Defense on a newly awarded contract. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement CJTF HOA/AFRICOM’s mission objectives.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Systems Administrator Lead. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, CJTF-HOA located OCONUS in DJIBOUTI, Africa. This position is required to travel OCONUS.
In this role you will:
- Perform a variety of difficult assignments associated with monitoring and controlling computer operating systems.
- Supervise and manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of business systems.
- Optimize system operation and resource utilization and performs system capacity analysis and planning.
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using business systems.
- Set up and maintains more than one type of computer system such as Open VMS Systems/DSM environments, and Windows systems.
- Analyze system faults and troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
- Evaluate and install developed software during various phases of testing.
- Review and prepare documentation for systems, tests and installation of software.
- Investigate and recommend methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Initiate preventive maintenance on the operating systems as well as repair to system/environment problems.
- Administer systems/environment solutions for multiple projects with varying schedules.
- Interface with vendors for trouble calls.
- Support planning of system/environment requirements for individual projects.
- Provide work direction and guidance to others.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- Demonstrate experience in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
- Support systems and applications on a geographically dispersed Windows10 Enterprise network with multiple types of servers and server applications.
- Perform Windows system administrator functions supporting a global Active Directory infrastructure in a mixed Windows environment.
- Provide journeyman level knowledge and Tier 0/1 support to the customer and their components to include Tier 0/1 infrastructure troubleshooting and support that involves the configuration and administration of servers in their area of operation.
- Provide remote support and/or travel to customer servers and sites as required.
- Maintain and support network devices consisting of primarily Cisco routers and switches.
- Use knowledge and experience to ensure success for providing necessary administration and maintenance support of this system.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Must hold and maintain an active Secret Clearance
- BA/BS + 5 years recent specialized experience
- DOD 8570 IAT 2 compliance (CompTIA Security +, equivalent or greater)
- Current MCSA or MCSD
- Microsoft Azure Certification
- Working knowledge of supporting Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, VMWare vSphere.
- Experience in GCCS system administration; systems integration; network administration; and configuration, installation, and overall experience in operating and integrating new system applications.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- IT Industry certifications: VMWare, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008/2012
- Experience with the following interface systems: TBMCS; AEGIS; DCGS; JTT; ADNS, TADL, Link, ADSI, JTAGS
- Experience with: ICSF, Agile Client, TMSWeb, KML/KMZ, MIL STD 2525D, ArcGIS, Google Earth
- Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Knowledge of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) published Security Technical Information Guidance (STIG) requirements and implementation/compliance process
- ITIL v3 – Foundation
- Automation using Microsoft PowerShell, VBScript, or batch files
- Experience with Microsoft SCCM
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
- Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
- Experience working in a CJTF
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.