Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Security Operations Center (SOC) is a US Government program responsible to prevent, identify, contain and eradicate cyber threats to CBP networks through monitoring, intrusion detection and protective security services to CBP information systems including local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), commercial Internet connection, public facing websites, wireless, mobile/cellular, cloud, security devices, servers and workstations. The CBP SOC is responsible for the overall security of CBP Enterprise-wide information systems, and collects, investigates, and reports any suspected and confirmed security violations.
Leidos is seeking an experienced Deputy Program Manager to lead this highly visible cyber security operations center (SOC) for Customs Border Protection (CBP), cyber analysis, application development, and a 24x7x365 support staff.
- Shift schedule: 7am-7pm, Sun-Tues, every other Wednesday.
- Utilize state of the art technologies such as host forensics tools(FTK/Encase), Endpoint Detection & Response tools, log analysis (Splunk) and network forensics (full packet capture solution) to perform hunt and investigative activity to examine endpoint and network-based data.
- Conduct malware analysis, host and network, forensics, log analysis, and triage in support of incident response.
- Recognize attacker and APT activity, tactics, and procedures as indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be used to improve monitoring, analysis and incident response.
- Develop and build security content, scripts, tools, or methods to enhance the incident investigation processes.
- Lead Incident Response activities and mentor junior SOC staff.
- Work with key stakeholders to implement remediation plans in response to incidents.
- Effectively investigative and identify root cause findings then communicate findings to stakeholders including technical staff, and leadership.
- Flexible and adaptable self-starter with strong relationship-building skills
- Strong problem solving abilities with an analytic and qualitative eye for reasoning
- Ability to independently prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering Field, IT, or Cybersecurity or related field
3+ years of experience be in the areas of incident detection and response, remediation malware analysis, or computer forensics.
Prior relevant experience should be in the areas of incident detection and response, malware analysis, or computer forensics.
Ability to script in one more of the following computer languages Python, Bash, Visual Basic or Powershell
Clearance: A Secret Clearance is required with the ability to obtain a Top Secret SCI. In addition to specific security clearance requirements all CBP SOC employees are required to successfully complete a CBP Background Investigation to support this program
- Experience in Federal Government, DOD or Law Enforcement in CND, IR or SOC role
- Cyber Kill Chain Knowledge
Candidate should possess one of the following certs: CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, CEH, CNDA, DCITA, ECES, ECSA, ECSP, ECSS, ENSA, GCIA, GCIH, GISF, GNFA, GPPA, GWEB, LPT, OSCP, OSEE, SEI
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.