Leidos is currently seeking a Human Factors and System Management Project Manager to support the Human Factors and System Management task order and serve as a project manager for multiple subtasks as part of the Human Health and Performance Contract (HHPC) at NASA’s Johnson Space Center (JSC) in Houston, Texas.
The incumbent will be expected to interface well with contract technical teams of broad diversity in background to manage schedule, cost, deliverable completion, resource allocation and forward-planning for the teams. This role is also expected to maintain communication with NASA technical monitors and task order management regarding subtask performance. Known support will include the following teams:
- The Exploration Medical Capability (ExMC) Element of the Human Research Program Human (HRP) helps to identify and reduce the risk of unplanned medical events in exploratory missions. The Clinical Science Team provides the clinician expertise to projects in this area.
- The Extravehicular Activity and Human Surface Mobility Program (EHP) xEVAS subtasks provide NASA insight support to the providers tasked with delivering the next generation of spacesuits for ISS and Artemis. A wide range of technical expertise is coordinated to deliver support in this area.
Candidates must have US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency and the ability to successfully obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Assist in allocation of resources to meet primary task order and support activities within subtasks; negotiate allocations as necessary
- Identify contract personnel with expertise that may be required in forward tasking
- Manage team project schedules with particular emphasis on Program milestones
- Provide inputs to oversight schedules, such as HRP integration, Informing Mission Planning via Analysis of Complex Tradespaces (IMPACT) Medical Database, EHP Systems Engineering and Integration
- Recommend work prioritization based on milestones and cross-functional integration
- Scope future work (tasks with projected costs) for NASA Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) and future amendments to HHPC
- Support team meetings and agendas as needed to stay abreast of team performance
- Support reporting tasks and schedule at periodic NASA tags
- Review and provide feedback to monthly customer Technical Cost and Schedule Review (TCSR) charts and contractor Monthly Management Review (MMR) charts
- Support communication and coordination with stakeholders regarding vision, technical planning, and products
- Capture and track technical, cost, and schedule risks
- Prepare technical and schedule risk tracking and reporting materials – weekly, monthly, and as needed
- BS Degree in Engineering and 8+ years of experience, or Masters Degree and 6+ years of experience
- Track record of increasing levels of technical and leadership responsibilities
- Technical, functional, and/or project lead experience in systems engineering, medical, scientific research, or a related technical field
- Project Management experience with a history of successful project completions with finite goals and timeframes
- Experience in cost forecasting and vendor relations
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with multi-disciplined teams and establish strong working relationships with the customer and contract personnel
- Thrives in dynamic work environment and manages competing priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Project management certification and/or formal training
- Background in full life cycle activities for human spaceflight mission
- NASA experience in human systems integration
- Experience with NASA Human Research Program (HRP)
- Proficient with HHPC Business Management tools
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.