Are you a Software Engineer/Developer looking to join the authentication services team supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) High Performance Computing Modernization Program (DoD HPCMP).
This is a virtual position that can be accomplished from anywhere in the continental US.
Leidos has the perfect opportunity for a Software Engineer/Developer to support the development, testing, and deployment of authentication and identity management capabilities enabling access to DoD supercomputers and infrastructure across multiple locations. Responsibilities will include working with a team of engineers to review and define configurations, develop and update authentication applications and services, Develop and implement testing processes, and assist with diagnosing authentication architecture issues.
Flexibility in approach to finding solutions is essential, as well as the ability to understand and act on the customer needs and priorities and learn new technologies quickly. Occasional off-hours activity will be required to perform updates and take part in service restoration efforts.
- Provides support in software development phases that include, but are not limited to:
- Design (database, GUI, web services, standalone applications)
- Performance Tuning
- Development of authentication applications using multiple languages
- Unit and Integration Testing
- Release/Patch Build
- Maintenance (e.g., bug fixes)
- Uses applicable methodologies, modeling/estimating techniques, tools, applications, systems, software, and databases to perform assigned tasks
- Contributes to or develops technical documentation (e.g., Test Cases, Test Plan, updates to application administration documentation)
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelors and four (4) years or more of related experience
- Recent experience with C/C++, Python, Perl, and Linux Bash Scripting
- Experience with writing SQL queries, SQL query optimization, and SQL development tools such as Oracle SQL Developer
- Familiarity with authentication systems and protocols, including kerberos, OPENID Connect, and two-factor authentication
- Familiarity with decomposing requirements to provide estimates for completion
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines consistently
- Certification & Clearance Requirements:
- Secret Security Clearance
- DoD 8570 IAT II (or better) Certification (i.e. Security+)
- OS Software Certification (i.e. Linux+)
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- DevSecOps team experience
- LAMP web services software stack
- VMware Server Administration
- Networking Experience
- GitLab use and administration as a DevOps platform
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.