Department of Defense Project Manager working with Agile teams to develop digital products to support client missions and propel business analytics and process improvements.
Work with team architects, developers, testers, business analysts, DevSecOps engineers, and data scientists AI/ML engineers and alongside user experience specialists, content strategists to deliver leading-edge applications, systems leading-edge applications, systems, and data products. The Project Manager will be the primary technical owner for designated projects. This role will work to plan, schedule, and drive the execution of the requested projects in the client environment. The Project Manager will be directing cross-functional teams representing multiple departments in the execution of implementation activities. This position is a hybrid role with a combination of working at client site, possibly in a SCIF, and working remotely.
- Plan and manage the operational and technical day-to-day activities associated project plans and deliverables
- Manage resource capacity, scheduling, timelines, reporting and priorities for project team members
- Works closely with the Client teams, Team Leads, and other key team members to ensure project work is supported with the right resources, impediments and risks are appropriately escalated, and priorities are accurate and transparent.
- Takes ownership of project work, ensuring clear deliverables are identified, execution path is determined, resources are identified, and works with the team through delivery.
- Maintain organization of the schedule and work to be able to provide updates quickly and effectively as well as give clear direction for the project and operational teams.
- Ask the right questions to understand the “ask” and run down information to help the team focus on work.
- Communicate professionally at all levels of an organization and seek clarity on needs.
- Maintain a positive attitude, build solutions not barriers, and maintain focus across multiple technical projects and teams.
- 5+ years of experience as a project manager overseeing large scale IT projects
- Experience with managing client and stakeholder relationships
- Experience with AWS technologies, tools, and service offerings
- Experience with project management software such as MS Project
- Ability to be organized, manage time, and multi-task efficiently
- Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's degree
- Service Desk Leadership experience
- ITIL experience and/or ITIL certification
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment with aggressive project timelines and continual client delivery
- Ability to work with the team in a team-oriented, inclusive, and collaborative work environment to achieve consensus
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing and presentation skills
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.