Leidos has a need for a ServiceNow Administrator to join our team in support of the DoD High Performance Computing Modernization Program (DoD HPCMP). The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the design, development, maintenance, administration, and continuous improvement of enterprise Service Management solutions in ServiceNow. You will also be expected to be able to collaborate with the existing internal ServiceNow team (and customers) following industry standards with day to day activities and development projects. Development efforts will include (but are not limited to) custom portal pages, modules, application development, API and software integrations, customized web pages, user interface policies, scripts, etc. The ServiceNow Administrator will lead the administration of ServiceNow to include upgrades, updates, etc. as needed.
- This is a remote / virtual / work from home position that can be accomplished from anywhere in the continental US; requires high speed internet connection to work effectively.
- Must currently possess a SECRET clearance
- Able to travel occasionally (up to 10 percent)
Essential duties of this position include:
- Designs, plans, and administrates ServiceNow.
- Develops automation scripts for efficient deployment and operations of ServiceNow using a variety of scripting and programming languages.
- Maintains technical expertise in relevant industry standards and best practices in ServiceNow.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Develops creative technical solutions to complex problems.
- Work is performed based on documented Project Implementation Plans.
- Exercises judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Applies technical expertise and knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Familiar with Agile development processes.
This is what you must have:
- Certified ServiceNow Administrator
- Fundamental understanding of ServiceNow platform capabilities:
- Experience implementing best-practices and procedures
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow components such as Change Management, Service Catalog, Problem Management, Incident Management, CMDB, Asset Management, Knowledge Management, etc.
- Ability to provide ServiceNow customization and configuration including but not limited to: scripting, workflow administration, report setup, module customization, data imports and third-party software integration.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
This is what we would desire you possess;
- Certified ServiceNow Developer
- Experience integrating API services with scripts/code to create customer facing solutions.
- System integration experience using web services and other web-based technologies such as XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, REST/SOAP
Typical Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other related field/concentration and Four (4) years or more experience, Additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- 2+ years of professional experience in design, development and/or Administration in ServiceNow
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.