Looking for an opportunity to make an impact? Join the Leidos Civil IT (CivIT) team in accelerating cybersecurity in a changing world where we make a difference by protecting critical networks for our government and commercial customers.
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready to challenge yourself with an organization that encourage & support career growth on an enterprise-wide scale? Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of an Senior Security Technologist, to join our National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Cyber Security Center (NCSC) Security Engineering & Operations (SE&O) team. You will work to support the NOAA cyber security mission by building, configuring, troubleshooting, and updating the network security capabilities that protect NOAA core networks and information.
As a Senior Security Technologist, you will play a valuable part in supporting the NCSC’s mission to protect NOAA networks, computers, programs and data from cyber-attack damage and unauthorized access. You will perform a variety of assignments associated with managing and controlling computer information systems in a high paced environment.
In this role, you will provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems and security tools. You will primarily work on Senior level projects and implement large changes to support the Network Security Engineering team and the larger corporate initiatives. We are looking for a team player with strong communication skills and the ability to multitask. Additionally, you will be able to provide guidance and assistance to junior and mid engineers.
As a Security Technologist SME on the Security Engineering and Operations team, you will interact regularly with the Infrastructure, Applications, SIEM/SOAR, ISSO, Vulnerability Assessment teams, and on-site technical resources to ensure both the security and on-going stability of NOAA network.
You will be part of a fantastic team working on multiple information systems in a high demand setting ensuring the uninterrupted and secure day to day operation of the cyber security program.
We're looking for a candidate who can support this role from one of our following locations: Fairmont, WV/ Silver Spring, MD/ or Boulder, CO.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive while being challenged, keep reading!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. To explore and learn more about the Leidos Civil Group, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Tests, implements, deploys, maintains and administers the infrastructure hardware and software. Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems and security tools.
- Support the NOAA cyber security mission by building, configuring, troubleshooting, and updating the network security capabilities that protect NOAA core networks and information.
- Perform Enterprise-wide reporting using CyperScope
- Maintain API tools and pyTenable including but not limited to: Cert Expiration Report, SIEM integration and CyberScope metrics
- Install software updates to Tenable.SC and the NCSC Nessus scanners
- Download, install, upgrade and patch security applications
- Security tools to include: Tenable, McAfee Web Gateway, FireEye Core (AX, NX, CMS), FireEye HX (NEDR), FireEye Email Threat Protection, MVision CASB, MVision UCE, IP Attribution (Netbox)
- Develop and Maintain documentation architecture for Enterprise Application Team and Enterprise Infrastructure Team
- Point of contact for escalations of items relating to automation, integrations and Linux
- Participate in an on-call rotation to provide emergency support for the corporate network security environment.
- Provide technical expertise to large or complex projects
- Establish and maintain standard operating procedures for operations team members
- Provide feedback to team leadership to improve existing solutions so they better meet the business’ needs.
- Provide technical support for system upgrades, technical refreshes, or new builds per requirements set by the leadership team as well as functional leads
- Provide direct end user support to a diverse user base ranging from average desktop users to other IT and Information Security Professionals
- Be a technical resource for individual projects when his or her knowledge and experience meet the requirements of the project group or task
- Provide critical incident response & problem management including root cause of system problems, such as configuration issues resulting in operational performance degradation or system outages, supporting the government with information and advice on the necessary correction actions and/or interim workarounds relative to network security
- Adhere to Change Management process
- Bachelor's Degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience, training, and/or professional certifications will be considered in lieu of degree
- 4+ years of design, development, integration, implementation, operations and analysis of cyber security technologies
- 4+ years of administering network appliances, security appliances, Windows or Linux devices
- Strong knowledge of the OSI 7-layer model
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and common application layer protocols
- Fundamental knowledge of IP-based networking, including switching and routing
- Knowledge of network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth)
- Knowledge of integrating the organization’s goals and objectives into the architecture.
- Knowledge of the enterprise information technology (IT) architectural concepts and patterns (e.g., baseline, validated design, and target architectures.)
- Skill in applying and incorporating information technologies into proposed solutions
- Knowledge of cybersecurity and privacy principles
- Provide application support of security devices and components identified within the SOC architecture, including, but not limited to, SIEM architecture, Incident Management system, Threat Intelligence Aggregation system, enterprise authentication mechanisms, vulnerability scanning architecture, Intrusion Detection/Prevention/ Alerting architecture and System Utilization and Alerting Platform
- Perform system and application updates on systems within the SOC environment to ensure systems and services are functioning optimally
- Experience providing O&M and engineering support to complex, mission-critical systems
- Knowledge of management of classified systems and the required security guidelines associated with secure facilities
- Experience with Information Assurance (IA) hardening and compliance, i.e. STIG & DSS compliance, documentation, etc.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other system administrators, system engineers, and network engineers in a team environment
- Knowledge of network design processes, to include understanding of security objectives, operational objectives, and trade-offs
- Knowledge of IT system operation, maintenance, and security needed to keep equipment functioning properly
- Ability and drive to quickly learn new software and IT concepts
- Experience in McAfee Web Gateway, FireEye Products, Tenable, MVision CASB, MVision UCE, Netbox
- Network/Cyber Security Training or Certification (ie Securty+, Network+, SPLUNK, FireEye, CCNA, CCIE, etc.)
- Knowledge of NIST SP 800 53 series or ISO 27000 series documents
- In-depth knowledge of Python for back-end scripts and workflows
- Understanding of advanced threat detection in an enterprise environment
- Background designing, developing, integrating, implementing, operating, and analysis of cybersecurity technologies
- Skill in troubleshooting and diagnosing cyber defense infrastructure anomalies and work through resolution
- Skill in applying and incorporating information technologies into proposed solutions
- Skill in independently making configuration updates to ensure system availability needs
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills and demonstrate poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, and high stress situations
- Understanding of accepted security practices, troubleshooting issues, attack vectors, and customer support
Clearance / Citizenship:
- US Citizenship is required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Secret Clearance or TS/SCI (Interim Secret acceptable).
- Fairmont, WV
- Silver Springs, MD
- Boulder, CO
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.