Looking for an opportunity to make an impact? Join the Leidos Civil IT (CivIT) team in accelerating cybersecurity in a changing world where we make a difference by protecting critical networks for our government and commercial customers.
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready to challenge yourself with an organization that encourage & support career growth on an enterprise-wide scale? Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a Mid-Level Red Hat Engineer to join our National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Cyber Security Center (NCSC) Security Engineering & Operations (SEO) team. As a Mid-Level Red Hat Engineer, you will play a valuable part in boosting the NCSC’s mission to protect NOAA networks, computers, programs and data from cyber-attack damage and unauthorized access. You will perform a variety of assignments associated with managing and controlling computer information systems in a high paced environment.
As a Mid-Level Red Hat Engineer on the Enterprise Infrastructure Engineering team, you will interact regularly with the Network, Applications, SIEM/SOAR, ISSO, Vulnerability Assessment teams, and on-site technical resources to ensure both the security and on-going stability of NOAA network.
We're looking for a candidate who can support this role from Fairmont, WV/Silver Springs, MD/ or Boulder, CO.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive while being challenged, keep reading!
- Responsible for the operations, maintenance, and upkeep of the Red Hat Server environment (both physical and virtual.)
- Responsible for maintaining the appropriate DOD Cyber compliance level as directed by the program Cyber Security Office via patching and configuration using DISA STIGs.
- Fluent using Red Hat CLI with solid appreciation of Linux kernel on OS initialization.
- Works with project managers, developers, and end users to ensure application designs meet business needs.
- Maintains backups and helps with annual contingency tests and security reviews.
- Evaluates new and existing software products for monitoring systems.
- Be able to reply to on site system emergency at Fairmont, WV location.
- Install and configuring new hardware and software.
- Provide technical leadership to mid and junior engineers.
- Add, remove, or update user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
- Answer technical queries and assist developers and end users.
- Responsible for security of the Linux systems.
- Responsible for documenting the configuration of the systems.
- Requires a B.S Degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or a master's with 2+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience can be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Hands on system administration with Linux / Red Hat experience
- Background in Linux Tools (RHEL 7/8, Ansible, Satellite, RHV)
- Familiarity with large scale operational environments (patching, monitoring of CPU’s, memory, disk utilization)
- Requires troubleshooting background
- Ability to answer at all hours to operational requirements
- Ability to work outside normal hours during routine maintenance windows
- Background with Red Hat Open Shift, Ansible Tower
- Background with DoD DISA STIG and patching process
- Knowledge of Linux scripting languages such as: Python, Perl, or Shell
Clearance / Citizenship:
- US citizenship is required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Secret Clearance or (Interim Secret acceptable).
- Fairmont, WV
- Silver Springs, MD
- Boulder, CO
- Remote/Telework pending customer approval; however onsite is preferred
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.