Looking for an opportunity to make an impact? Join the Leidos Civil IT (CivIT) team in accelerating cybersecurity in a changing world where we make a difference by protecting critical networks for our government and commercial customers.
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. To explore and learn more about the Leidos Civil Group, click here!
Are you ready to challenge yourself with an organization that encourage & support career growth on an enterprise-wide scale? Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a Security Engineering & Operations (E&O) Technical Lead to join our National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Cyber Security Center (NCSC) Engineering & Operations team. As a Cyber E&O Technical Lead, you will play a valuable part in supporting the NCSC’s mission to protect NOAA networks, computers, programs and data from cyber-attack damage and unauthorized access.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive while being challenged, share your resume with us today!
· Provide technical oversight across the NOAA NCSC program to a team of security infrastructure, network, firewall engineers, and team leads
· Provide guidance, coaching, and development to a cross functional security engineering & operations team
· Design, develop or recommend integrated system solutions ensuring proprietary/confidential data and systems are protected
· Engage the client, where applicable, in the strategic design process to translate security and business needs into technical designs
· Boost the project lifecycle for infrastructure and technology projects
· Configure and validate secure systems
· Testing security products/systems to detect computer and information security weaknesses
· Facilitate and delegate daily ticket queue management, tasks, and projects where applicable
· Manage and react to system monitoring alerting as needed
· Perform system checkouts and testing of system upgrades and patches within operational environments
· Coordinate with enterprise partners on system outages and make decisions on system failover to different availability zones or data centers when applicable
· Ensure documentation relative operational procedures, services, etc., are written and centrally accessible and updated as necessary
· Providing reporting and metrics deliverables to leadership and senior management
· Assist with team resource management and project prioritization
· B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information technology, or other Cyber Security field and 4+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience and/or technology certifications may be considered in lieu of degree
· Knowledge of security system design tools, methods, and techniques
· Knowledge of new and emerging information technology (IT) and cybersecurity technologies
· Knowledge of specific operational impacts of cybersecurity lapses
· Knowledge of system life cycle management principles, including software security and usability
· Knowledge of capabilities and requirements analysis
· Knowledge of basic system, network, and OS hardening techniques
· Skill in conducting vulnerability scans and recognizing vulnerabilities in security systems
· Skill in identifying systemic security issues based on the analysis of vulnerability and configuration data
· Skill in troubleshooting and diagnosing cyber defense infrastructure and application anomalies and work through resolution
· Skill in applying and incorporating information technologies into proposed solutions
· Skill in independently making configuration updates to ensure system availability needs
· Ability to share meaningful insights about the context of an organization’s threat environment that improve its risk management posture
· Ability and drive to quickly learn new software and IT concepts
· Comprehension of accepted security practices, troubleshooting issues, attack vectors, and customer support
· Knowledge and background in administering: Windows, Archer, ThreatConnect, FireEye, Tenable/Nessus, WebInspect, SCCM, VMWare, FreeNAS/Pure/NetApp storage, and PKI certificate management
· Demonstrated experience in cyber security design, engineering and operations
· Background with System Administration, Network Administration Network Security, Networking Standards, Network Protocols, NIST/FISMA standards and controls, SIEM platforms and security tools, Network Hardware Configurations
· Cyber Security Training or Certification (ie Securty+, Network+, SPLUNK, FireEye)
· Knowledge of NIST SP 800 53 series or ISO 27000 series documents
· Windows 10 security best practices and configurations
· Understanding of advanced threat detection in an enterprise environment
· Understanding of malware families, their types, and the threat they pose
· Proficiency with Microsoft Windows administrative & troubleshooting tools
· Demonstrated experience performing cybersecurity analysis from an operations & engineering perspective
· Background with Splunk (preferred) or other SIEM platform
· Must be a U.S Citizen
· Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Secret Clearance (Interim Secret acceptable).
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.