Leidos has an immediate opening for the position of Network Services Manager on the AEGIS program. The Network Services Manager will be responsible for achieving financial, service delivery, and customer satisfaction objectives for all Network Services provided by AEGIS including all Service Development Process, Network Resources, and A/V Collaboration Services managed on the AEGIS program. This position will serve as a direct report to the Deputy Program Manager for Leidos on the NASA AEGIS Program.
This role includes oversight for the network services/products provided (LAN, WAN, DDI, Cable Plant), architecture of those services, SAFe Agile Implementation of those services, and Collaboration Services (Voip, A/V, Conference Rooms) and related cybersecurity management.
The Network Services Manager must be able to create and maintain a collaborative work environment; set goals; give clear direction to the team and provide decisive and constructive feedback; empower individuals to take ownership for their assignments; identify and capture funded program growth; and demonstrate and insist on ethical and professional behavior in accordance with company values. This person will help manage a complex IT service delivery program involving multiple tasks, multiple performing organizations, and complex responsibilities.
- Establish enterprise approach service delivery, including resource sharing across geographically diverse centers.
- Formulate and review project plans, assists in determining costs, and ensures conformance to work standards.
- Responsible for formulating and enforcing work standards within AEGIS Network Services Operation, assigning work schedules, reviewing work discrepancies, supervising personnel, and communicating policies, purposes, and goals of the organization to subordinates. Assigns, schedules, and reviews work of subordinates.
- Able to work alongside the Chief Engineer to evaluate proposed network and collaboration information technology solutions to determine implementation feasibility with government specified technologies, cost for implementation and operation, as well as functional adequacy.
- Participate in IT strategy planning activities, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of infrastructure technology and systems and best practices (e.g.,SAFe Agile, ITIL, etc.) as related to the needs of the business.
- Proactively research and recommend courses of action to prevent problems and to maintain high infrastructure service levels for the user community.
- Ensure all network provided services are compliant with government processes, mandates, and controls.
- Utilize metrics, key performance indicators, and service level agreements for driving the performance of service delivery.
- Meets with management, technical and operating personnel within the organizations to review requirements, present proposed action plans and to discuss and resolve technical, administrative and management problems and issues
- Works collaboratively with NASA OCIO, NATs Service Line, Center Leadership, and other NASA IT contractors and service providers.
- Responsible for understanding internal and external customer needs and aligning those to the business strategies within the Network Services area
- Guides centralized, proactive, and strategic management of daily services supporting operations and projects.
- Work with NASA to develop Network standards and policies.
- Make immediate decisions to resolve issues
- Support program improvements and strategic adjacencies that support profitable growth and recognize efficiencies. Perform analysis of procedures, cost control reports, and work measurements to provide management continuous improvement opportunities, and effective control of planning and cost factors.
- Requires frequent contact with equivalent level managers, industry peers, and customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, technical activities, schedules, contractual issues, and general overall performance of organization
- Communicate complex technical requirements to non-technical personnel; and prepare and presented briefings to senior management officials on complex/controversial issues.
- Responsible for the programs network services backlog
- BA degree and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 13+ years of prior relevant experience
- Excellent leadership qualities.
- Detail Oriented
- Deadline-driven with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to evaluate and train staff members.
- Strong budgeting and organizational skills.
- Experience with managing a large IT organization
- Experience leading a geographically dispersed organization
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning
- Demonstrated success building relationships with customers and teammates
- Demonstrated experience in Team building
- Experience executing development programs in an SAFe agile environment
- Developing Estimates to Complete/Estimates at Completion (ETC/EAC)
- Briefing external and internal senior leadership teams on program performance (Monthly Reviews)
- SAFe® Agile Product Manager / Lean Portfolio Manager
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®
- Experience with NASA
- ITIL Certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $219,000.00 - $295,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.