Leidos has an immediate opening for a senior-level software systems test engineer to plan for and execute system integration testing of a commercial airport security product with both Leidos-owned and third party devices and system interfaces. As a member of a cross-functional team representing software and devices, you’ll coordinate with the Enterprise Product Team to plan, design and execute of end-to-end automated and manual integration testing in support of the Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD) of our products to customers worldwide. You’ll report to and coordinate closely with the Lead Systems Engineer to understand device data flows and interface control documents and develop test approaches and plans to ensure complete and effective end-to-end verification of messages and images from devices and interfaces both into the software and back out to the devices and interfaces. You’ll coordinate the software test plans and approaches with the enterprise product team and relevant device and interfaces stakeholders to ensure alignment with enterprise test objectives and planning. You’ll help establish test entrance and exit criteria and system integration lab requirements to support testing of the software product with the relevant devices and interfaces. You’ll identify opportunities to increase the level of automated testing of the software product, plan and execute strategies to achieve test automation objectives, continuously measure and improve the effectiveness of that testing based on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and evaluate and integrate new testing tools, technologies, and procedures to achieve the organization’s technical objectives. You’ll conduct feasibility analysis and create test design solutions for the product team. You’ll collaborate on the design and implementation of effective test environments and identification, creation and/or procurement of test data sets. You’ll collaborate with engineering and product team members, architects, and other IT resources to create and execute test strategies, detailed test plans, and scenarios.
- Coordinate closely with the Lead Systems Engineer to plan, design and execute of end-to-end automated and manual integration testing to support edge, enterprise and cloud level testing for the software product and own responsibility for implementing the plan.
- Set test automation objectives in coordination with the Engineering and Systems Engineering Lead and design and execute plans to achieve those objectives
- Report metrics and status on objectives to the Engineering and Systems Engineering Lead.
- Plan for tools, infrastructure and resources necessary to maintain the test organization
- Identify regression test candidates for automation, plan automation activities across the team and automate test cases.
- Estimate test case development and execution effort
- Write test cases and hold test case reviews with stakeholders.
- Enter and update test tickets to track progress.
- Execute test cases/scripts including functional, regression, exploratory, performance, load and smoke tests for both web applications and database.
- Report, track, validate and close bugs.
- Record and report test results.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies, including daily standups, sprint planning meetings, sprint reviews and sprint retrospectives.
- Participate in all phases of risk management assessments and software development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection.
- Utilize software testing applications and COTS products in support of testing activities.
- Support metrics program by collecting and tracking metrics on all activities.
- Use metrics to identify areas for improvement.
- Provide innovative solutions for more efficient testing strategy.
- Mentor other testers in adopting agile and security test strategies.
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Experience testing with automated UI testing tools, such as Selenium and Selenide, and methodologies
- Experience testing with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) tools, such as Gherkin and Cucumber, and methodologies
- Experience testing with automated back-end testing tools and methodologies
- Experience testing with automated unit-testing tools, such as JUnit, and methodologies
- Experience with writing and/or developing test procedures and automated test scripts using frameworks such as Cucumber, Selenium or Zephyr
- Experience with Agile development principles and methodologies
- Familiarity with software design patterns.
- Familiarity with basic web technologies (HTML, CSS, XML, REST, JSON)
- Familiarity with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Agile Development and continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools.
- Solid understanding of software development process fundamentals.
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Ability to complete tasking independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Familiarity with Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Knowledge of a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Familiarity with CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins)
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Helm)
- Familiarity with Containerized applications and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with Edge and Enterprise Eventing Technologies (Kafka and NATS.io)
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.).
- Familiarity with NoSql databases (MongoDB, etc.).
- Experience working with Leidos Enterprise Application Foundry (LEAF) a plus
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.