Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a Capture Director to join our Capture Operations and Excellence Organization located in Reston, VA. As a core member of this Strategic Capture Team, you will play a valuable part in supporting and executing a wide range of Captures across all lines of business with total contract values more than $500M.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Capture Operations and Excellence (CO&E) has a mission to provide best-in-class capture expertise, infrastructure, processes, and tools as key enablers for growth as we partner with Line Operations to win strategic, needle-moving opportunities.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Lead development and implementation of capture plan through all phases of the capture and proposal process
- Develop, organize, and execute significant capture activities, including building industry and Leidos-internal teams, assess win probability, develop win plans/strategies, address gap analysis, etc. in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- Develop value propositions, support business cases and project plans and develop early win strategies
- Establish and implement customer engagement and intelligence including creation and execution of call plans, and gathering, assessment and validation of customer requirements, identifying gaps and emerging requirements
- Develop and control capture budgets
- Communicate and secure resource needs and leverage resources assigned, collaborating with subject and technical matter experts, functional leads, and Program Managers
- Define a schedule to accomplish capture and proposal activities
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and compelling RFI, sources sought and proposal responses.
- Interact routinely with all levels of leadership, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers, and follow through on tasking.
- Brief capture status to senior leadership at specified milestones in the capture process when material changes occur, and as needed.
- Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunities, document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
- Mentor other capture and proposal staff in the capture management process
WHAT SETS YOU APART:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 15+ years of related experience.
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, ensuring execution of customer call plans to shape acquisitions to respond to and win business with new and existing customers.
- Extensive knowledge, experience, and success in leading and winning captures of large-scale opportunities over $500M
- Strong verbal communications skills and prior experience briefing executives
- Experience with developing and maintaining effective internal and external business relationships, including with customer decision-makers and industry partners
- Demonstrable understanding of all contract types (non-IDIQ, IDIQ - single or multiple award contracts), as well as payment types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus).
- Ability to work and execute a quick reaction process for all government responses.
- Ability to influence constructively and interact at the highest levels of the corporate structure
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen.
- Willingness to travel, as necessary in support of the capture, based on negotiated work location, up to 10% per month.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Ability to lead local and geographically dispersed teams.
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports.
- Top Secret desired; not required.
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $219,000.00 - $295,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.