UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next opportunity?
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Technical & Non-Technical Training Opportunities
- Management Opportunities
- Mentorship & Training Opportunities
- Opportunity to Guide, Grow, and Inspire a Dynamic Team
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Interface with Clients
- Structural Pole Modeling
- Electrical Power Calculations
- Interactions with other disciplines (Substation, Protection & Controls, and Civil Structural)
The successful candidate will have an interest in developing construction work packages for the electric distribution system using various software systems and construction standards. Distribution systems may be in an
THE CHALLENGE (Role and Responsibilities)
- Develop design and construction work packages for electrical overhead and underground distribution systems operating from 4kV through 138kV mostly associated with programmatic work such as overloaded transformers, inspection and maintenance, joint use, and inspection reports.
- Review work provided by Client and assess requirements of scopes.
- Comply with Leidos and Client Safety requirements as well as design and quality expectations.
- Coordinate with permit agencies, right-of-way specialists, system owners, field leaders, forestry leaders, and 3rd party owners for joint-owned poles
- Travel to sites as needed, perform inspections and return to the office to perform engineering design work.
- Perform engineering calculations such as: structural analysis for wood pole loading, guying calculations, specifying conductor sags and tensions for recommended spans, and calculation of voltage drop and flicker.
- Perform reviews of work by other engineers for submittal to clients such as: structural analysis for wood pole loading, guying calculations, specifying conductor sags and tensions for recommended spans, and calculation of voltage drop and flicker.
- Perform quality control and encourage safe work practices while maintaining compliance with project scope, schedule and budget.
- Develop permitting documents for different AHJ’s.
- Provide engineering support during construction, including post-construction reviews to ensure all applicable engineering and construction standards have been met.
- Conduct root cause analysis of outages and mitigation using engineering principles and design.
- Requires BS Degree in Engineering (Electrical Engineer preferred) and less than 2 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience with NESC Standards, ESRI, AutoCAD and/or MicroStation, and GIS a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Willingness to perform both field and office work.
- Overnight travel may be required (10-20% travel).
- Ability to work in outdoor environments.
- Ability to utilize personal vehicle.
Pay Range:Pay Range $46,800.00 - $72,000.00 - $97,200.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.