The National Solutions Group at Leidos has an opening for a Tier 3 Software Systems Engineer supporting Ratchet Orphans in Aurora, Colorado. The successful candidate will be required to execute procedures of Tier 3 Software Systems Engineering operations working with senior software Engineer in a purpose-built enterprise environment throughout the operational lifecycle of customer directed mission applications and infrastructure systems. The candidate will be required to possess demonstrable ability to work constructively and collaboratively across multiple functional and technical areas to achieve a positive impact on explicitly stated and implicit program goals and business results.
Qualified applicants must be able to perform efficiently in a dynamic environment and navigate continually evolving priorities, facilitating reliable and consistent mission application data processing in a complex computing environment. Applicants will exercise comprehensive technical assessment and incident escalation procedures in order to meet or exceed prescribed Performance Requirements Standards (PRS). Through the application of deep technical and critical thinking skills, expert knowledge, and highly innovative approaches to resolving complex problems, the ideal candidate will be integral to ensuring the uninterrupted performance and stability of mission processors and their associated IT infrastructure. Though this is an 8x5 position, applicants may be requested to provide occasional out-of-band call-in support as required.
- Provide proactive Tier 3 software engineering and Tier 3 software application and system engineering support to operational mission systems to include break/fix actions, scheduling, and documentation.
- Knowledge of the customer’s mission critical intelligence processing systems
- Work with a team to ensure the availability of mission processors systems including systems up to thousands of processing nodes, hundreds of inbound and/or outbound network interfaces with multi-gigabyte per second bandwidth, petabytes of storage and industrial scale CPU consumption.
- Troubleshoot and debug all assigned programs.
- Work on a team to be responsible for performing the software engineering function to include testing.
- Support configuration management and change management activities.
- Support service transitions including migrations to cloud infrastructure.
- Coordinate with other operations and engineering contract leaders as required.
- Ensure team creates, updates or enhances engineering and operations documentation.
- Ensure security of mission processors and IT infrastructure
- U.S. citizen with an active TS/SCI with a polygraph required
- Requires BS degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience
- Current DoD 8570 certification applicable to the position (typically Security+)
- Knowledge of Tier 3 software maintenance and troubleshooting on mission critical systems
- Experience with constructive, collaborative approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and constructively with other leaders
- Experience with legacy platforms (i.e. DEC VMS, Alpha)
- Mission-specific technical knowledge
- Script development
- ITIL Framework
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.