The Director of Business Development and Strategy (BD&S) for the National Security Space (NSS) Operation within the Dynetics Group is responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals.
This leader will drive NSS market/revenue growth through the pursuit of advanced research and development opportunities.
- Maintain a healthy pipeline of opportunities and execute cost-effective win strategies to achieve annual financial objectives.
- Manage a team of BD&S professionals, including capture managers, BD leads, and BD analysts, to achievement of the NSS short and long-term goals.
- Drive Leidos’ expertise into new and evolving mission areas largely focused on winning contract research and development programs.
- Support collaborations with the Dynetics Group and the Office of Technology (CTO) to transition NSS technology and discriminators into Programs of Record.
- Identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design, and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity.
- Partner with the NSS Senior VP and leadership team to develop the NSS BD strategy, consistent with the Dynetics Group Strategy.
- This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President (VP) of BD&S for the Dynetics Group.
- Partner with the NSS SVP and leadership team to support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline growth.
- Identify, develop, and implement near-term and long-term business strategies that provide business opportunities to grow revenue.
- Participate in regular business development activities, such as investigating and evaluating potential mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, geographic expansions, licensing, partnerships, joint ventures, new business/market opportunities and sustainability to determine if such activities are in line with the organization's overall strategy and vision.
- Continuously monitor the market to keep track of competitor developments and their impact on market share.
- Lead business planning activities, to include: pipeline reviews, bid agenda development, opportunity collaboration sessions and gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal writing and reviews.
- Track marketing and B&P execution consistent with the business priorities.
- Build and manage a team of business development professionals.
- Support the NSS SVP and Finance & Business Operations Manager in developing the NSS annual operating plan (AOP), developing quarterly forecasts and participating in Monthly Operating Reviews.
- Establish and measure progress with the NSS’s priorities and annual operating plan targets for qualified pipeline growth, win rates, submits and awards.
- Develop and implement the NSS’s strategy based on market research and corporate direction.
- Coordinate with Leidos organizations who develop emerging technologies in other markets. Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Develop and support strategic partnerships with industry leaders, driving innovation and new business opportunities.
- Represent Leidos in the industry through participation in industry-related organizations, conferences, and panels.
- Bachelor’s degree in and at least 15+ years of related experience or Master’s degree with 12+ years of relevant experience
- 10+ years of experience supervising or leading diverse teams or programs
- Proven track record of successful capture and pipeline management across multiple Defense and Intel customer R&D and S&T organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience working directly with Department of Defense (DoD) and Space Community: budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Demonstrated partnering and relationships with key government customers and industry partners
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Strong oral and written skills with the ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management tool to track opportunities and manage pipeline
- Ability to travel as required: 20% per month
- TS/SCI strongly desired, but shall consider TS with SCI eligibility
- Advanced technical degree or MBA preferred
- Space and Aerospace products experience preferred
- Experience working with Research and Development customers in the DoD (DARPA, AFRL, DTRA, Army Futures Command, ARL, ONR, etc.) and in the IC (IARPA, as well as NSA and CIA S&T offices) preferred with a focus on areas such as AI, cyber, Data Analytics, EW, SIGINT, military/intelligence space, and advanced ground/airborne/space sensors preferred
- Management of a pipeline of opportunities with a value of $3 billion or greater in DOD or Intel Research and Development
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, to respond and win business with new and existing customers
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $219,000.00 - $295,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.