The Intelligence Group at Leidos has an opening for a Chief Engineer / Chief Scientist to work in Reston, VA, with a team of engineers and scientists who require an applied technology infrastructure environment which brings tools and data together for three dimensional modeling and simulation on a network capable of streaming the content in Virtual Reality (VR) immersive experiences. The successful candidate will be able design, develop and deploy a solution that streamlines productivity, allows for innovative VR product development, and scales at a cost palatable to the customer.
Develop and deliver a technical solution (e.g.,integrated hardware/software system) that satisfies the Program’s systems requirements to automate multiple, disparate, raw data flows into a unified, parameterized engineering data model on multiple secure domains that can be visualized in Virtual Reality and used for a variety of simulations.
• Meet all technical contractual requirements
•Implement disciplined engineering processes that provide affordable innovative solutions and techniques
• Plan and lead the technical design and development effort
• Manage the hardware and software development, integration, and test as well as deployment and logistics support as required.
• Track technical, schedule, and cost performance measures (TPMs, SPMs, and CPMs) to assess design engineering performance against the contract.
• Have demonstrated experience architecting and building scalable cross-domain solutions that encompass a variety of IT and software systems in a highly technical environment.
• Masters Degree with 15 years of applicable experience or Doctorate Degree with 13 years of applicable experience in computer science, information systems or a related field, such as:
- Network Architecture
- Software Development
- Technology Integration
- Cloud Computing
- Program Management
• To be considered, you must have a current and active TS with SCI eligibility clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI, and either have a Poly or be willing to obtain a Poly; with the ability to maintain this level of clearance.
• TS/SCI w/ Poly security clearance
• Experience working with scientific or engineering teams
• Agile Methodology
• DevSecOps experience
• Machine Learning experience
• 3D modeling experience
• Virtual Reality experience – Hololens, HTC Vive, Unreal, Unity3D
• Autodesk experience– Revit MEP, Autodesk Cloud
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $219,000.00 - $295,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.