The Leidos Homeland Security Services Intelligence Division has a prime opening for a JIRA Administrator to support the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Security Operations Center (SOC) is a US Government program responsible to prevent, identify, contain and eradicate cyber threats to CBP networks through monitoring, intrusion detection and protective security services to CBP information systems including local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), commercial Internet connection, public facing websites, wireless, mobile/cellular, cloud, security devices, servers and workstations. The CBP SOC is responsible for the overall security of CBP Enterprise-wide information systems, and collects, investigates, and reports any suspected and confirmed security violations.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in support to intelligence operations and a broad background in information technology. The candidate will work closely with members of the organization, external business teams and mission partners to effectively develop and operate CBP’s Jira’s instance, guide business rule development, workflow management and add-on tool integration.
- Experience with JIRA, and JIRA plug-ins such as Structure, BigPicture, EazyBI
- Experience developing JIRA queries (JQL), and leveraging JIRA API with Microsoft PowerBI capabilities to develop near real time dashboards.
- A Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of applicable experience is required, or a High School diploma + 6 years of applicable experience
- Professional writing, editing, and sourcing skills are mandatory in order to be successful in the position
- Familiarity with Agile and Kanban development frameworks and project management
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose complex issues
- Able to demonstrate experience supporting technical users and conduct requirements analysis
- JIRA Admin: 5 years
- Python: 5 years
- Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, JSM): 5 years
- Experience automating manual tasks
- Experience with Agile processes and other tools in the space (Rally, Trello)
- Experience in cyber government, and/or federal law enforcement
- Prior CBP Experience
- Certification Atlassian/JIRA Administration
- Experience working with and troubleshooting Mission Critical applications in an Operations environment
Clearance: All CBP SOC employees are required to successfully complete a CBP Background Investigation to support this program
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.