At Leidos, we take care of our employees. We seek the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications.
We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.
Join Leidos and make a difference for our Federal customers in environmental remediation as a chemist helping coordinate the data management of our field results.
Due to contract requirements; U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residency is required.
This is a telework position. When presence in the office is needed for meetings and in-person training, work can be performed at one of the following locations: Cleveland, Ohio; Oak Ridge, TN; St. Louis, MO, or Reston, VA.
- Evaluate lab reports for completeness, assess quality control results, and assign validation flags to reported concentrations based on the validation criteria
- Prepare the chemistry portions/worksheets of Uniform Federal Policy for Quality Assurance Project Plans (UFP-QAPPs)
- Prepare written narratives to describe validation findings and write quality assurance/quality control reports
- Prepare sample information for field work including database setup of sample IDs, labels and chain-of-custody documents, and evaluate compliance with planning documents
- Develop completion reports to ensure sampling plans are executed in accordance with project requirements
- Query data in response to project management needs and prepare presentation tables for various reporting requirements; evaluate accuracy of final data relative to the reported data
- Track samples from collection through laboratory receipt, analysis, and reporting, and evaluate documents for accuracy and completeness
- Perform validation of laboratory data packages of inorganic, organic, or radiological data received from analytical laboratories
- Enter data into various internal databases as well as environmental databases such as FUDSChem and perform quality control checks on data entry
- Routine communication and coordination with data management staff to ensure overall project objectives are satisfied
- Train and review junior and mid-level chemists’ data validation, UFP-QAPPs, and written narratives of the validation findings and reports
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry or relevant technical area, with at least 4 years' experience validating chemical analytical data and performing environmental data or database management.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Six or more years' relevant experience.
- Experience in environmental field work or environmental analysis, including environmental data validation practices/policies/procedures especially the Department of Defense (DoD) Quality Systems Manual and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) National Functional Guidelines for Data Review.
- Familiarity with laboratory instrumentation systems and experience with radiological, inorganic, and organic laboratory methods, QA/QC elements, and record keeping.
- Experience preparing chemistry portions/worksheets of UFP-QAPPs
- Skilled with data management software such as MS Access and SQL; or environmental databases such as ERPIMS, EQuIS, ADR.net or FUDSChem.
- Experience training junior and mid-level chemists’ data validation and providing review of written narratives and validation findings.
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.