Leidos has a career opening for a Voice Systems and Services Specialist at Scott AFB, IL.
Our customer, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), acts as the provider of Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the department of Defense (DoD) and other government organizations. The core telecommunications capabilities supported by GSM-O II enables the Warfighter to meet operational needs by providing world-wide telecommunications supporting natural disaster relief, peacetime humanitarian assistance, regional conflicts, and on-going strategic deterrence activities. This position is for the Unified Capabilities O&M Incident Management Desk within DISA’s 24x7 Network Operations Center (NOC) on Scott Air Force Base, Illinois supporting worldwide voice and video services. Shift work to include nights and weekend duty is required. Position may include extended periods of sitting while on a computer or phone and speaking on the phone with customers.
• Conduct network and telecommunications system incident investigation.
• Monitor DoD-wide voice/video support hardware and services (legacy and current offerings): Voice telephony switching on Unclassified and Classified networks, mobile flyaway kits, Voice Internet Service Provider (VISP), and Video Teleconferencing (VTC) systems.
• Maintain, troubleshoot, document and repair network devices to include phone systems, call managers, VTC’s, network infrastructure and trunk circuits.
• Analyze network and telecommunications alarms and identify potential issues/solutions.
• Identify and recommend solutions for smooth continuing operation of the DISN network as capacity needs change.
• Proficiency in one or more of the following: TDM telephone switches, VoIP, Call Manager, VTC systems
• Competency in one or more of the following devices/vendors: CISCO, Juniper, Nortel, ACME Packet, Oracle, Palo Alto, Session Boarder Controllers (SBC), H.323 endpoints.
• Ability to perform troubleshooting, configuration, and restoration of services across multiple platforms.
• General understanding of IP and transport network topologies.
• High School Diploma and 1-3 yrs of relevant technical experience.
• Must hold Current DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, or equivalent) prior to start date.
• Ability to participate in a 24/7 shift work environment, to include working nights and weekends.
• Must have an active, in-scope US Secret Government issued security clearance, with the eligibility to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance upon offer award.
• Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, US Citizenship is required.
• Knowledge surrounding one or more of the following: Routers, Switches, PRI’s, SBC, Video Gatekeeper, and cryptography operation/configuration
• Understanding of Session Initiated Protocol (SIP) messaging
• Technical Control Facility experience.
• Ticketing systems experience is a plus.
• Network+, CCNA, JNCIA, and similar/relevant certifications are also desirable.
• Customer service experience.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree desirable.
Pay Range:Pay Range $37,050.00 - $57,000.00 - $76,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.