The Leidos Public Health Portfolio is seeking a Security Lead in Atlanta, GA to support a federal program that will assist the customer in modernizing their security architecture, data management infrastructure, processes, and personnel skills.
contingent upon contract award
The ideal candidate must be a strong leader with solid understanding of cybersecurity and engineering, energetic and self-motivated, able to guide and mentor technical professionals, and with a value-driven and customer-centric mindset. This role provides management and direction in a complex multi-agency Government environment.
Direct teams in delivering:
- Design, implementation, and delivery services to strengthen CDC’s security posture, following and extending the practice of zero trust necessary for CDC’s journey to a scalable zero trust architecture.
- Apply the full range of Information Assurance (IA) policies, principles, and techniques to maintain security integrity of information systems processing sensitive or classified information….
- Provide technical assistance for onboarding State, Territorial, Local, Tribal (STLTs) public health (PH) departments to the PH ecosystem.
- Ensure compliance with applicable NIST 800 series, HIPAA, HHS/Federal Data Security and Privacy guidelines.
- Maintain knowledge of new and emerging cybersecurity and privacy technologies and standards.
- Obtain and maintain Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A) to authorize operation of an information system or a service and to explicitly accept the residual risk of an agreed-upon set of security controls, and the results of continuous security assessment.
- Support enhanced privacy awareness, including information system and third-party website content reviews and updates, IT system Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) and analysis, and other compliance requirements.
- Serve in a position of leadership over critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or a master’s degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience with federal agencies.
- CISSP certification
- Experience with the selection of cloud security tools and controls, determining where security controls should be deployed, define design principles that will govern cloud security decisions, lead threat modeling exercises, and create and maintains information system security documentation.
- Experience planning and managing complex cloud network communication and security environment.
- Ability to develop scalable identity, authorization, access and management platforms and services and integrate these services with DevSecOps processes.
- Knowledge of identity management practices and implementation of authentication and authorization controls for secure APIs using security standards.
- Experience with conducting automated vulnerability scanning and secure configuration compliance scanning of on-premises and cloud hosted systems.
- Knowledge of information security risk management protocols and processes, including audits of agency IT assets for possible security risks and compliance with cybersecurity standards and policies.
- Experience with IAM services such as Key Vault/Encryption Management, Cloud services, Azure Virtual Desktop, Authentication services, Account Management, and Zero Trust Data Protections.
- Must have the ability to use sound judgment in problem solving and must possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Must have the ability to coordinate activities at multiple sites and resolve complex issues across multiple sites, both pre-planned and last minute.
- Must have the ability to successfully manage multiple significant issues and tasks simultaneously, and must be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and pro-actively take initiative when issues arise.
- CISM or CCSP certification
- Experience with CDC/Public Health
- Atlanta metropolitan area located.
Security Clearance requirement:
Ability to acquire NACI/Public Trust clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.