The Leidos Public Health Portfolio is seeking a Data Engineering Lead in Atlanta, GA to support a public health program that will assist the customer in modernizing their data management infrastructure, processes, and personnel skills.
contingent upon contract award
The ideal candidate must be a strong leader with expert understanding of data science, data management/governance and data engineering, energetic and self-motivated, able to guide and mentor technical professionals, and with a value-driven and customer-centric mindset. This role provides technical expertise and direction in a complex multi-agency Government environment. It creates the vision and technology innovations for data science and governance.
- Guide and/or define the strategy to collect, curate, and evaluate large volumes of data from many varied sources and technologies
- Draft and present Data Governance and Management Policies for customer approval
- Design and develop methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse sources including “big data” pipelines and data sets.
- Define, implement, and manage ITIL processes, practices, and frameworks across service management lifecycle.
- Manage data analytics practice to enhance the velocity, availability, and usability of data to support improved performance, collaboration, and transparency.
- Assist/Guide teams implementing infrastructure automation, and business automation to drive continuous improvement
- Define, implement, and manage solution architecture, design frameworks, and infrastructure best practices.
- Advise/Guide in full stack solutions using cloud-based (e.g., Azure, AWS, Google cloud) data management and analytic capabilities.
- Identify and validate advanced software programs, algorithms, query techniques, models complex business problems, and automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate data sets.
- Evaluate the requirements and evaluate technologies for data science capabilities including NLP, ML, Predictive modeling, statistical analysis and hypothesis testing.
- Work with cross-discipline teams to ensure connectivity between various data sources and business problems.
- Implementing and/or overseeing the implementation of machine learning algorithms and advanced statistics such as: regression, clustering, decision trees, exploratory data analysis methodology, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, and neural networks.
- Identify meaningful insights and interprets and communicates findings and recommendations.
- Maintain awareness of emerging analytics and big-data technologies.
- Serve in a position of leadership over critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome.
- Mentor and/or supervise Senior to junior level data engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree with 15 years of experience or Master’s degree with 10 years of experience, of which 4+ years of recent experience with data engineering and management/governance, additional years of experience will be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- A professional level AWS or Azure certification
- Possess expert domain knowledge in data engineering, data governance and management, and data analytics.
- Strong analytical skills in data mining, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML), and cloud based data engineering tools including Spark.
- Experience with DataOps and leveraging DevSecOps tooling.
- Experience creating vision and technology innovations for data engineering.
- Experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, governance, and workload management.
- Possess the ability to negotiate complex scenarios and challenges and devise courses of action to resolve situations with predictable outcomes.
- Possess leadership abilities where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome.
- Experienced in efficiently/effectively communicating and following up in a positive and meaningful manner with stakeholders on problem/project status, proper procedures for system evaluations, current task/project priorities and alternatives to requests for services that do not meet standards.
- Strong critical thinking with good judgment and constructive creative concept development.
- Demonstrates the ability to proactively identify and implement successful preventive measures, as evidenced by minimal issues associated with assigned systems and implementations.
- Facilitates and reviews the definition and implementation of standards, methodologies and best practices that guide the design of technology solutions such as architecting and implementing solutions requiring integration of multiple platforms, operating systems, and applications across the enterprise.
- PhD or Graduate/Professional certifications in Data Engineering or Data Analytics
- Research experience in health or public health analytics
- Experience with CDC/Public Health
- Atlanta metropolitan area located
Security Clearance requirement:
Ability to acquire NACI/Public Trust clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.