Leidos has an immediate need for an experienced Endpoint Security Analyst for a new customer on a highly-visible and strategic Cybersecurity Task Order. The Endpoint Security Analyst will be responsible for conduct host-based defensive cyber operations using endpoint detection and response (EDR) products, as well as anti-malware tools and other endpoint security controls. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment, and the ability to work within a team to stand up and mature the cybersecurity capabilities of our customer
- Deploying, configuring, operating, monitoring, tuning, upgrading, and troubleshooting endpoint security tools
- Coordinating and assisting engineering with the deployment and centralization of an approved malware protection tool across multiple FISMA systems
- Utilize approved tools to scan, identify, contain, mitigate and remediate vulnerabilities, and intrusions
- Coordinating with engineering to develop and implement plans to apply patches, hot fixes, and other critical updates as needed
- Build queries, dashboards, and reports for enterprise and leadership awareness
- Troubleshoot endpoint tool issues and outages
- Develop and maintain policies and tasks for all related endpoint products
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the operation and maintenance of endpoint security tools
- Performs analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new security tools, techniques, and technologies and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT security strategy
- Define, establish, and manage security risk metrics and track effectiveness.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentorship to infrastructure team members
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 8+ years of prior relevant experience with a focus on cybersecurity or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree may be acceptable.
- Prior Experience deploying Endpoint Security Solutions (ESS) including Mcafee ePO, Crowdstrike
- Strong foundational security knowledge, specifically in large and complex organizations
- Understanding of current security threats and other challenges, as well as frameworks like MITRE ATT&CK
- At least one of the following certifications:
- SANS GCIA, GCIH, GCFA, GCFE, GREM, GISF, GXPN, GWEB, GNFA, GMON
- Offensive Security: OSCP, OSCE, OSWP, OSEE
- ISC2: CCFP, CISSP
- EC Council: CEH, CHFI, LPT, ECSA, ECIH
- A desire to learn, combined with a collaborative work style and strong personal work ethic
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Must have a DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) to start. CSSP certification is required within 90 days of start.
- Must have an active Secret Clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance.
- Certifications in relevant security products would be beneficial (e.g., Tanium Certified Operator / Administrator, CrowdStrike Certified Falcon Administrator / Responder / Hunter
- Experience deploying, configuring, and maintaining McAfee point products such as VirusScan Enterprise, Rogue System Detection (RSD), Policy Auditor (PA), Data Loss Prevention (DLP) / Device Control Module (DCM)
- Experience deploying and configuring Crowdstrike Falcon Prevent sensors on endpoints
- Experience with creating and implementing custom IOCs and IOAs in Crowdstrike
- Experience with triaging and investigating hosts using Crowdstrike
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.