Leidos is seeking a tester to join the MARS Enterprise Agile Development (MEAD) contract, to enhance mission applications by advancing and increasing the use of Big Data, data analysis, AI, Machine Learning (ML), and advanced analytics. The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) will support the development of mission-critical applications involving AI/ML capabilities for a prominent intelligence mission. SDET is a hands-on software engineer who develops code to automate testing and validation of back-end microservices and micro-frontend applications. SDET works in close collaboration with the application development and software factory teams to produce well-tested high-quality applications.
The SDET role is a technical software tester with a focus on developing automated test scripts. They are part of an agile team and work alongside developers to help automate Acceptance Criteria in user stories. In this role, a portion of the unclassified work can be done remotely, with approval from the prime contractor. In office work will be done in a facility in the Springfield/Alexandria area, with occasional in person meetings at other DC area locations such as Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling AFB and Reston, VA.
- Document and monitor testing outcomes and establish steps to remedy problems
- Analyze current technologies used within the company and develop steps and processes to improve testing procedures
- Detailed understanding of how to properly document test cases and create effective and focused testing plans
- Assist other department engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team
- Work closely with departments within the company to ensure hardware is available for projects and working properly
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including time and scope involved
- Define clear goals for all aspects of a product test and develop steps for their proper execution
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or related discipline. Years of experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
- 4-8 years of testing experience
- Experience developing test automation scripts for large applications involving microservices, web UIs and APIs
- Thorough understanding of QA concepts and quality standards for distributed applications and CI/CD pipeline processes
- Hands-on experience with a major programming language: Java, Python, and similar
- Hands -on experience with major testing frameworks including Selenium, Junit, JMeter, and similar
- Fluent in Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) practices
- Experience working in small cross-functional agile teams developing user stories and codifying acceptance criteria
- Experience integrating automated tests into CI/CD pipelines
- Candidates must already possess an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain a polygraph.
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Project development and leadership skills are essential in planning and overseeing project tests
- Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Experience with software engineering, customer experience and design architecture
- Ability to work with various departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan
- Knowledge of testing methodologies and when certain strategies are recommended
- Knowledge and experience working with various operating systems
- Professional work experience in analyzing and testing computer hardware and software using Selenium, Junit, Git and working in the Cloud utilizing an Agile Framework
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.