Leidos’ Civil Group has an exciting career opportunity for a dynamic Environmental Occupational Safety & Health Specialist to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) team.
The position will be supporting the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) NISC support team, in the Eastern Service Area, with the goal of providing outstanding customer service to the FAA’s Environmental Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) Program.
The candidate will be responsible for supporting many multi-faceted EOSH programs, and will be required to maintain applicable training and certification requirements as necessary. These programs include (but are not limited to) Asbestos, Lead, Mold, Chemical Management, Emergency Response, Electrical Safety, Water, Fuel Storage Tanks, and Fall Protection.
This is an exciting opportunity with up to 75% travel.
- Employ and be familiar with a wide variety of sampling instrumentation, sampling techniques, and based on experienced judgment offer sound engineering or administrative recommendations to control stresses that may impact employee health and safety.
- Create reports with strict reporting deadlines.
- Climb towers and complete tower safety inspections.
- Provide comprehensive technical EOSH training to employees.
- Conduct site inspections and surveys, and submit proper technical reports conveying findings and sound guidance to resolve/mitigate any EOSH issues.
- Manage inspections using electronic data; utilize on-line data storage locations; and be able to use all Microsoft programs.
- Research and interpret Federal, State, Local, and FAA rules and regulations that are applicable to EOSH Programs.
- Provide excellent problem-solving and customer service skills.
- Bachelor's of Science degree and 4+ years of prior demonstrated environmental, health and safety experience or a Master's degree and 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Proven experience with various types of EOSH field equipment (ex. PID, XRF, Dosimeter, etc.).
- Technical competence in obtaining and surveying samples.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to work, manage and maintain information stored in a Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN)/SharePoint site(s).
- Must have a reliable vehicle.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Occupational Safety & Health, or similar degree.
- Licensed Industrial Hygienist or demonstrated work history showing senior level Industrial Hygiene Experience.
- Master Degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering
- Certified Safety Professional.
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.