Join a team committed to a mission!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Defense Group at Leidos, supporting the Medium/Overload Unmanned Surface Vessel (M/OUSV) Program, is seeking an Environmental Occupational Safety & Health (EOSH) Specialist to support a dynamic high growth organization. The M/OUSV program is based in Port Hueneme, CA, and is responsible for delivering cutting edge autonomous vessel technology to the US Navy. The program operates and maintains prototype autonomous vessels for test and evaluation of the vessels as well as developing operations, maintenance, logistics and training procedures for the autonomous Fleet of the future.
We are seeking resilient, innovative team-players with a reputation for excellence. This position is onsite at Port Hueneme, CA with up to 50% travel. We are expecting award in March 2023.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Responsibilities – Work you’ll do:
- Provide environmental and safety support focused on a target zero approach to the M/OUSV Program covering operations and maintenance activities for the ships at the ports they reside across the US.
- Conduct site inspections and surveys both scheduled and unscheduled while submitting proper technical reports conveying findings and sound guidance to resolve/mitigate any EOSH issues.
- Manage inspections using electronic data; utilize on-line data storage locations; and be able to use all Microsoft programs.
- Be the single point of contact for employees to report EOSH concerns and incidences.
- Work closely with Leidos corporate EOSH to ensure proper investigations are performed for incidences and ensure best practices and lessons learned are being applied and refined on the program.
- Provide guidance and training recommendations to improve EOSH posture on the program.
- Research and interpret US Navy rules and regulations that are applicable to EOSH Programs.
- Provide excellent problem-solving and customer service skills.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Requires Bachelors degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters degree and 2+ years of relevant experience. Additional experience, training and/or certifications may be substituted for degree.
- Experience implementing environmental, health and safety policies and regulations.
- Experience overseeing HAZMAT storage, handling, and disposition.
- Experience with Maritime Pollution (MARPOL) regulations and permitting.
- Proven experience with various types of EOSH tools and techniques.
- Technical competence in obtaining and developing Asbestos samples & reports.
- Technical competence in conducting and developing indoor air quality (IAQ) samples & reports.
- Technical competence in surveying and developing Fall Protection issues & reports.
- Technical competence in surveying and developing Electrical Safety issues and reports.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project.
- Must be able to work, manage and maintain information stored in a Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN)/SharePoint site(s).
- US Citizenship required to start, with the ability of obtain and maintain a Secret DoD Clearance after hire.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education – Favorable if you have:
- Active Secret clearance.
- Undergraduate Degree in Environmental Science, Occupational Safety & Health, or similar degree.
- Master Degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering
- Experience with Navy and USCG environmental policies and procedures.
- Certified Safety Professional.
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager.
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.