Varec, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is looking for a Software Engineer, who will be a key member of the Fuel Depot System (FDS) Inventory Monitoring (IM) staff. Varec is a worldwide leader in fuels management systems for monitoring, controlling, supplying integrated hardware and software solutions to oil/gas, and defense aviation markets. For more information, visit www.varec.com
This position offers an exciting opportunity to support a newly awarded 10-year contract with the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), as they require a monitoring solution to replace the current FuelsManager Defense IT Infrastructure. This solution will provide end to end monitoring of commodities stored by the US Military and DLA Energy.
The candidate will guide the definition, implementation, and delivery of programs focused on modernizing a variety of software systems. The selected candidate will leverage skills to provide expertise in infrastructure provisioning and configuration and software deployments across the whole software development lifecycle.
- The Software Engineer will be responsible for writing and maintaining source code, creating, and maintaining software applications and applying frameworks involved in a software release. Duties include computer programming, documenting, managing configuration, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications and frameworks involved in a software release life cycle and resulting in a software product
- Designs, codes, and debugs applications
- Develop technical documentation
- Analyzes software and code requirements
- Conducts system risk analysis of application and software reliability analysis
- Designs graphical user interfaces
- Monitors software testing and quality assurance
- Tunes performance ensures balancing and usability of the FDS application.
- Supports, maintains, and documents software functionality
- Integrates software with existing systems
- Evaluates and identifies new technologies for implementation
- Maintains standards compliance
- Implements software and supports required testing efforts
- Develops solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. At least six (6) years of programming experience in a professional capacity. Twelve (12) years of prior programing experience will be considered in place of a degree
- Expertise in one or more programming language is required (C#, JAVA, C++)
- Must be DoD 8570.01 Certified at the IAT II Level - Current with Continuing Education (Security+ or CCNA Security or GICSP or GESC or CND or SSCP)
- Must be DoD 8570.01 Certified with an active approved Computing Environment Certification
- Must be a US citizen with ability to obtain a Public Trust IT II
- Experience managing production workloads.
- Experience working with Agile software development teams and implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery practices.
- Self-starter that can work independently while possessing the communication skills to work effectively with software development teams, customers, and senior Leidos leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar field with 2-6 years prior experience
- Active U.S. DoD security clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.