Leidos has a need for a Cloud Architect to support developing and maintaining a cloud-based data environment to transport, store, extract, transform, and load (ETL), and disseminate data solutions. The Cloud Architect works directly with the Sponsor to develop cross-domain, on-premises firewall solutions, overseeing the implementation and operation of the Sponsor's cloud infrastructure. The successful candidate will provide experienced support in data engineering, cloud architecture, and application development. The work requires working in a cross functional team and includes engaging regularly with data scientists, analysts, and managers.
- Understand the Sponsor’s system of reporting and monitoring requirements and create and submit artifacts, so the system remains in compliance.
- Develop and deploy multiple environments for development and testing throughout the testing cycle by designing, standing up, deploying, and maintaining several cloud environments on multiple frameworks that employ a cross-domain solution.
- Stand up necessary infrastructure for new services and integrate them with the existing system.
- Povide physical architecture designs and comprehensive data delivery modeling to support decommissioning legacy systems and the standup of new cloud implementations in cross-domain environments to maintain service availability across product lines.
- Troubleshoots problems that arise with the system, its data, connected systems, or downstream consumers
- Transition deprecated on-prem systems and develop comprehensive move plans
- Review utilization and usage metrics for the customer’s compute and scale them appropriately to minimize cost
- Set deployment schedules and deliverables across stakeholder, enterprise, and partner systems, ensure cloud environments are aligned properly with security, and produce documentation and briefings to management and stakeholders.
- Develop and implement System Security Plans
- Must have a TS/SCI with Poly to be considered
- Must have a Bachelor's degree and minimum of 8 years OR a Masters degree and 6 years mimimum relatable work experience
- Demonstrated experience with AWS cloud services, including long-term storage options.
- Demonstrated experience with cloud-based database services such as Databricks or EMR.
- Demonstrated experience with SQL database structures and mapping between SQL databases.
- Demonstrated experience with ETL processes, devices and software such as Apache Nifi.
- Demonstrated experience with large scale data compute or processing clusters such as Hadoop.
- Demonstrated experience with developing and analyzing options for storing data in a cloud environment.
- Demonstrated experience integrating cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
- Demonstrated experience optimizing costs over time for a dynamic cloud environment.
- Demonstrated experience with containers and server-less technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with Python, Bash, and Terraform.
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines with source control (Git), continuous build and delivery (Jenkins), issue management (Jira), documentation and collaboration (Confluence), automated testing, and infrastructure or configurations.
- Demonstrated experience with DevSecOps solutions and tools.
- Demonstrated experience with the Sponsor’s data environment.
- Demonstrated experience in storage and backup recovery systems.
- Demonstrated experience in the cyber security domain.
- Demonstrated experience working with data scientists or other technical analysts.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.