Leidos is looking for a Lab Manager/System Administrator to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test, and production environments. We are using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration, and operational support. The program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The selected individual will be responsible for maintaining the program test lab environment and ensuring that all lab systems are test ready. Duties include configuring and installing test lab equipment, performing daily system administration, and troubleshooting, assisting with security assessments, and supporting system engineering requirements to meet operational needs, as well as engineering, deploying, and maintaining new capabilities.
- Install operating systems onto workstations.
- Identify and take corrective action to resolve hardware and software issues.
- Maintain the environment to include ensuring system tokens and certificates are kept current.
- Proactively collaborate with test leads and participate in Defect Reporting (DR) management and resolution.
- Communicate with users and publish status of system outages as needed.
- Collaborate with logisticians and other lab administrators in conducting inventories of test lab equipment and material.
- Identify hardware and software needs and order, receive, and install equipment.
- Collaborate with test lab support personnel at offsite locations.
- Work with integration and security teams as needed to
- Maintain and support system images.
- Work closely with the integration and security teams to harden the images.
- Manage and execute processes for information assurance vulnerability alerts (IAVAs).
- Perform system security scans of equipment suites in accordance with the System Security Plans.
- Assist with and perform security assessments of lab and production equipment if necessary.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field and at least eight (8) years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Must have experience in Windows operating systems and ability to administer and manage complex Windows installations (Windows 10, Windows Server).
- Must have experience in a System Administration role supporting a software configuration management and development environment.
- Must have experience with Network Security Technologies including PKI, Vulnerability Assessment, Multiple Domain, and SSP.
- Must have the ability to administer and manage networking infrastructure, including firewalls, and routers switches.
- Must have the ability to quickly and dynamically change systems/network configurations to accommodate customer development/testing schedules.
- Must be a self-starter with strong collaboration skills.
- Must be able to support planned after hours activities on occasion.
- Must be able to support occasional travel to lab facilities in Maryland and New Jersey.
- Experience documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification.
- Experience or familiarity with the following systems: Windows/Linux operation systems, VMware, and Networking (switches, routers, LANS, and cabling).
- Previous IAVA management experience.
- Experience or familiarity with Agile concepts including SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework).
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.