The Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) operation’s mission is to transform global security to create a frictionless, fully-integrated security technology ecosystem that enables the safe, healthy, and efficient movement of people and commerce. Our primary markets are domestic and international regulated aviation, ports & borders and other critical infrastructure.
As the VP for Business Development and Strategy for SES, you are expected to thrive in an environment where you are responsible for the management and execution of the full business development life cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. This position will be accountable for worldwide product sales to U.S. Federal customers and international markets in more than 120 countries. This critical role manages account and sales managers, representatives and agents, and distributors, and works closely with Leidos’ government affairs. The successful candidate will be a proven leader and key member of the SES operation with primary responsibilities for identification, qualification and capture of business development opportunities as well as the generation of qualified pipeline growth necessary to meet or exceed the forecast and plan. In addition, this individual will plan and execute sales and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration.
- Partners with the Operations General Manager/Senior Vice President to support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline growth.
- Identifies, develops, and implements near-term and long-term business strategies that provide the business an opportunity to grow revenue and enhance operating margins.
- May have other business development activities, such as investigating and evaluating potential mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, geographic expansions, licensing, partnerships, joint ventures, new business/market opportunities and sustainability to determine if such activities are in line with the organization's overall strategy and vision.
- Continuously monitors the market to keep track of competitor developments and their impact on market share.
- Participates in business planning activities, to include weekly pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal writing and reviews.
- Monitors the Operation’s pipeline, establishes BD priorities and recommends the allocation of resources.
- Manage a sales team and responsible for creating workforce and staffing plans for function/families to ensure efficient use of resources. Ensure staff are focused on the Operations’ priorities.
- Coordinates meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Develops marketing plan to include strategy for trade shows and marketing approach
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15+ years of related business development experience
- Minimum of 5 years of international sales experience and domain expertise
- Proven experience managing a diverse and world-wide sales team, including the extended network of representatives and agents, and distributors
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant BD activities, including building teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans
- Demonstrated collaboration skills and ability to interact and build relationships with key customer organizations and industry partners
- Proven track record of winning new business and pipeline management across multiple customer organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience successfully managing multi-million dollar new business budgets
- Travel as required, up to 50% per month
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipeline.
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance
- Established relationships and experience winning new business with key domestic (e.g. TSA) and international customers
- Management of a pipeline of opportunities with a value of $2 billion or greater
- Advanced degree preferred
- Experience in aviation security or border security
Pay Range:Pay Range $191,250.00 - $255,000.00 - $318,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.