The Leidos Civil Group has an opening for an Airworthiness Specialist to support the Federal Aviation Administration Office of Aviation Data Systems Branch.
The Airworthiness Specialist will utilize their expertise in Aircraft Maintenance to support the branch’s mission of collection, storage and distribution of aviation safety data. The selected candidate will work with various stakeholders including airlines and FAA SMEs. Specific duties will include:
- Review and assist in the revision of Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT) Publications
- Locate and research risk management content to be included in the AMT Airman Certification Standards (ACS)
- Provide assistance with developing new and revising existing airman knowledge test questions
- Provide assistance with responses to stakeholder feedback/inquiries
- Provide support for International Airman Knowledge Testing (AKT) Program: Review airman knowledge questions (e.g., AMT) for use by Civil Aviation Authorities
- Assist with formulation of oral and practical questions
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Aviation or related degree or a minimum of 5 years’ equivalent related experience in aviation maintenance
- Airframe and/or Powerplant Mechanic Certificate
- Demonstrated strong technical, research, and data analytical skills
- Exposure to Microsoft Teams, Zoom, or similar work environments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with minimal direction/guidance
- Exceptional written/verbal communication and editing skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience providing quality customer service
Program Specific Salary Range for this position: $70K to $73K Annually
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.