Leidos has an immediate opening for a Mid-Level DevSecOps Engineer on the Systems Engineering & Integration Contract (SEIC), supporting Air Force & Navy Mission Planning at our site in Orlando, Florida. This position will support a flexible, teleworking friendly schedule. Candidate will be required to be in office throughout the week, but the schedule will be determined with your management. SEIC DevSecOps engineers implement and maintain pipeline operations, integrate capabilities into Kubernetes, and support software developers in day-to-day operations. This is an exciting opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies to forge for the diverse and expansive set of Mission Planning requirements.
The successful candidate will be energetic, organized, eager to learn and comfortable working & speaking in a collaborative team environment. Under supervision, core responsibilities will include:
- Automating solutions integration & prototyping in a DevSecOps environment
- Frequent, clear communications & support via messaging applications
- Creating & maintaining documentation, wikis & training materials for other DevSecOps engineers and developers to leverage in SW development
- Utilizing front-end web development tools for development and integration
- Integrating microservices-based architectures
- Mentoring less-experienced software developers on how to develop and integrate new capability within an AWS or Azure cloud-based DoD Mission Planning pipeline
- Providing Help-desk escalation software developer support
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a closely related field
- 4+ years of software development or operations experience working on microservices-based architectures and Application Programming Interface (API) design
- 1+ years of working in a DevSecOps environment; familiar with DevSecOps best practices
- Must have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret-level Security Clearance
- Ability to work in both Linux & Windows Operating Systems
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Experience with Jenkins or comparable build automation tooling
- Experience with one or more Kubernetes cluster types (e.g., AKS (most preferred), EKS, GKE, Openshift, K3s, Minikube)
- Experience with Kubernetes applications (e.g., Kubectl, Helm, Rancher)
- Experience with system monitoring stacks, such as:
- Prometheus / Grafana / Loki
- Elastic / Kibana
- Knowledge of software version control tools (GIT preferred)
- Experience with frontend web-application technologies (i.e., Node, NPM, React, Redux)
- Experience with Docker containers
- Experience with Terraform or other Infrastructure-as-Code tools
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment (SAFe Agile is a plus)
- Experience with Azure DevOps/Atlassian Tool Suite
- Prior experience as a trainer or mentor to more junior engineers
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.