At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable practices. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Employees enjoy career enrichment opportunities available through mobility and development and experience rewarding relationships with supportive supervisors and talented colleagues and customers. Your most important work is ahead.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is looking to fill a Tier 1/2 Service Desk/Deskside Support Administrator position within the Analysis Solutions Division (ASD) to support the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC). This individual will be responsible for being the first contact for customers via phone calls, email, chat, and walkup assistance requests. This individual will help ascertain the nature of the call, resolve issues where possible, and escalate to the appropriate work group, when necessary. This role requires an individual with experience managing Windows domain accounts for users and workstations to include creation, modification, troubleshooting, disabling, and deleting. Individual will also assist customers with installation, repair and relocation of end user devices to include workstations, printers, scanners and telephones. Duties include examining incidents and problems and suggesting and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair or return to service. This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence and analyzes existing infrastructure for tuning/performance enhancements. The individual will provide systems and software operations and maintenance support in a large, multi-enclave enterprise environment. This individual will work in a team environment to ensure mission needs are met and ensure functionality of capabilities of customers. Individuals in this role may be required to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions on customer systems. The customer utilizes an Agile Framework to plan and successfully complete all initiatives. The work location is in Bethesda at the Intelligence Community Campus. The work hours for this position will be 0800-1600 or a 0900-1700 Monday through Friday
- Provide first point of contact for all customer queries and incidents via walkup, phone, email, or chat.
- Manage and administer accounts to include account creation, password resets, troubleshooting, and termination/deletion.
- Document and track customer requests and incident in the customer’s approved IT Service Management (ITSM) solution.
- Properly document initial troubleshooting and triage steps and escalate to Tier 2/3 support teams when appropriate to resolve more complex customer issues.
- Provide telephone support to customers in a professional, knowledgeable manner to maintain excellent customer relationships.
- Ensure all tickets are logged and assigned to the correct team.
- Proactively monitor Incidents for trends and potential Problem Records and highlight these to the Service Desk Manager.
- Update Service Desk documentation for new processes and procedures to share best practices, capture changes in the environment, and streamline initial response to common issues to reduce duplication of effort.
- Produce both customer-facing and internal knowledge base documentation as required.
- Actively participate in Continual Service Improvement Activities to share their experience and knowledge and support service enhancement.
- Support customer inquiries and requirements on an 0800-1600 or a 0900-1700 shift, Monday through Friday.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of relevant experience, additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience creating and managing domain accounts within Active Directory
- Familiarity with supporting virtual desktops running Microsoft Windows
- Experience troubleshooting common Active Directory account issues and errors.
- Experience troubleshooting software and hardware issues for end user devices to include workstations, printers, and scanners.
- Experience with troubleshooting hardware faults, coordinating warranty replacement requests and installation of replacement components internal to the workstation.
- Experience with reviewing Microsoft Windows event logs to determine possible root causes and research common fix actions.
- Familiarity with incident analysis to identify trends indicative of a larger problem and ability to articulate problem in an effective manner to peers and higher tier support elements for resolution.
- Experience with using Microsoft tools such as Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP to add new workstations to the domain and troubleshoot existing workstations issues.
- Experience deploying operating systems to workstations via PXE Boot and troubleshooting common errors preventing deployment.
- Experience troubleshooting operating system, application, and patch deployment issues at the workstation to restore communication to centralized SCCM/MECM/WSUS capabilities
- Effective time management skills and ability to work independently and prioritize work efforts based on customer and mission impact.
- Ability to utilize an IT Service Management (ITSM) tool to properly document, track, and resolve customer incidents and requests.
- Ability to triage and properly classify incidents and prioritize work efforts.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results
- Ability to regularly work the hours of 0800-1600 or 0900-1700
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP along with an appropriate computing environment (CE) certification)
- TS/SCI with CI Poly required for Position or TS/SCI and willingness to obtain a poly.
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Background in hardware setup, deployment and maintenance to include workstations, printers, scanners, servers and phones.
- Experience with operating system/application patch management methodologies
- Experience operating and maintaining Linux based systems
- Experience with operating system and application deployment utilizing SCCM/MECM
- Certification relating to Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Certification or MCSA (Microsoft Certified System Administrator) a plus
- Experience with troubleshooting network storage connectivity from an end-user perspective
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Familiarity with Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI) concepts and solutions
- Familiarity with virtual servers and technologies
- Experience with troubleshooting within a secure environment
- Experience with backup and restore procedures
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.