Join a team committed to a mission!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Defense Group at Leidos, supporting the Medium/Overload Unmanned Surface Vessel (M/OUSV) Program, is seeking a Warehouse Specialist to support a dynamic high growth organization. The M/OUSV program is based in Port Hueneme, CA, and is responsible for delivering cutting edge autonomous vessel technology to the US Navy. The program operates and maintains prototype autonomous vessels for test and evaluation of the vessels as well as developing operations, maintenance, logistics and training procedures for the autonomous Fleet of the future.
We are seeking resilient, innovative team-players with a reputation for excellence. This position is onsite at Port Hueneme, CA . We are expecting award in March 2023.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Responsibilities – Work you’ll do:
- Maintaining a correct inventory of material within the Warehouse Management System.
- Receiving, identifying material and record keeping functions associated with the receipt of materials.
- Shipping, packing and record keeping functions associated with the shipment of materials both commercially and in accordance with US Navy supply system.
- Load, unload, and move to storage, freight and piece parts, both manually or with equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Breakdown of major equipment to smaller units via the use of hand tools or power tools as required.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- High School diploma or equivalent and 2 to 4 years of experience.
- Understanding of US Navy supply system and practices.
- Experience with HAZMAT handling / shipping / storage.
- Forklift operator.
- Working knowledge of computers, printers, laptops, and common Windows applications.
- Ability to manually lift packages up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work 8 hour shifts in support of 24/7 operations.
- US Citizenship required to start, with the ability of obtain and maintain a Secret DoD Clearance after hire.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education – Favorable if you have:
- Active Secret clearance
- Working knowledge of common hand tools and power tools.
Pay Range:Pay Range $36,400.00 - $56,000.00 - $75,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.