Leidos is seeking a candidate to join our high-performing, agile software team and must be able to work well in a distributed, remote team as well as gathering in a simulation system team as needed. Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a predetermined schedule and to specific customer needs. Individual will engage cross functionally with systems engineers, cyber-security engineers, systems integration and test personnel to build software developed for delivery to a dynamic, fast-moving program.
- Responsible for writing simulation software in an agile development software environment.
- Will design, code, unit test and demonstrate software that is integrated into a multiple aspects of a larger software framework, that is built, tested, deployed and executed in a simulated/synthetic environment.
- Must work in a larger team writing different portions of the software application.
- May help define and decompose tasks into a sprint backlog for others software engineers to complete.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or similar degree with 1+ years of software experience.
- Masters in Computer Science or similar degree
- 1+ years’ experience in development, modification, and maintenance of software simulation systems
- 1+ years’ experience in the development of software technical documentation
- C++ and/or Java programming competence
- Working knowledge of Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins and Jira for software development activities
- Candidate must be a US citizen and have the ability to obtain a Secret DoD Security Clearance.
- Experience in product line development
- Experience with Army and or USMC training systems development
- Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) Certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $53,300.00 - $82,000.00 - $110,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.