Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale system of systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. On this opportunity located at a US Government facility in Bethesda, MD, you will use state of the art technologies in developing sophisticated sonar tactical decision aids used by the Fleet. You will be part of a high-powered team performing vital work that makes a significant impact. The hallmark of Leidos is empowering employees who perform meaningful work with the ability to learn and apply new skills in support of the career they want to achieve.
The candidate will implement interface code to acoustic models and databases used in Tactical Signature Guidance (TSG) systems, including sonar tactical decision aids (TDAs) across multiple code baselines. The candidate must have a demonstrated ability to understand and troubleshoot complex software systems plus a willingness to learn new programming languages.
This individual will be responsible for understanding, managing, and integrating acoustic models and databases into state-of-the-art training and tactical decision aid systems for the United States Navy by being able to:
- Develop and/or integrate acoustic models and databases into US Navy systems
- Write unit tests to verify and validate acoustic models and databases updates
- Troubleshoot issues with acoustic models and databases as identified by stakeholders
- Act as a bridge between external model and database developers and the HFS team
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited educational institution in Engineering, Mathematics, Physical Sciences, or Computer Science; or another degree that provides software development expertise equivalent to standard computer science curriculum
- Approximately seven years of experience in some combination of design, development, and implementation of real time acoustic signal processing algorithms, development of parallel processing implementations, service-oriented architecture, signal processing, and real-time data analysis systems or visualization/simulation.
- Approximately four years of experience specific to sonar and/or ASW C2 systems into which TDA systems are integrated.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new skills and programming languages
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and troubleshoot existing code and database contents/schemas.
- Must have IAT I or higher certification; or willingness to obtain certification upon being hired.
External Referral Eligible
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.