Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale system of systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. On this opportunity located at a US Government facility in Bethesda, MD, you will use state of the art technologies in developing sophisticated sonar tactical decision aids used by the Fleet. You will be part of a high-powered team performing vital work that makes a significant impact. The hallmark of Leidos is empowering employees who perform meaningful work with the ability to learn and apply new skills in support of the career they want to achieve.
The candidate manages the delivery of Sonar Tactical Decision Aids (TDAs) for the US Navy with a focus on Sonar Tactical Decision Aid (STDA) for Advanced Processor Build (APB) systems along related components. Candidate supports the development and testing of STDA, within a matrix organization, that are used onboard submarines. Candidate’s responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Managing the delivery of STDA requirements working within an Integrated Product Team.
- Participating in activities necessary to the delivery acoustic STDA capabilities. These activities include one or more of the following: Requirements Definition, Funding Requirements; Analysis and Engineering; System Analysis and Design; System Integration and Test; Validation and Verification; System and Operational Performance Analysis; and Decision Analysis and Resolution.
- Communicating the status of deliverables to program management and government customer(s) within an agile development framework.
- Conducting integration testing of STDA products to verify the quality of deliverables.
- Communicating with system integrators during the evaluation and testing of STDA capabilities.
- Communicating requirements to system engineers within the matrix organization to establish Engineering Data Models (EDMs) to facilitate testing at NSWCCD.
- Interacting with internal developers; as well as external tactical development team members, military personnel, and civilian DoD customers, to ensure that STDA requirements are captured and designed into the system.
- Fifteen years of experience directly related to ASW operations, systems, and theory; including approximately twelve years of fleet sonar operational experience with some of those years directly related to the operation, evaluation, or employment of the BQQ-10 sonar system
- Must have subject matter expertise in at least one of the following subject areas: sonar system operation, underwater acoustics, underwater sound propagation, or tactical oceanography.
- Must be committed to customer service, able to plan and prioritize assignments, and able to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision under deadlines.
- Must demonstrate the ability to guide a team to the completion of a project.
- Must demonstrate an ability to learn and apply new skills, a commitment to excellence, and a dedication to producing quality work results.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate an ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
External Referral Eligibl
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.